Lulu TOP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CurryIsBoss

06-28-2012

Looking for a lulu top build and some tips would be useful thanks

XCodes

06-28-2012

Well, since you usually only deal with 1 other hero top, max your squirrel and build AS/AD.

CurryIsBoss

06-28-2012

do you go with gp5 items ? If so which ones

Nicodemous

06-29-2012

trifoce manynot be a bad idea...

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

I would advise against it except for draft mode when you can pick after they do.

Lulu is pretty squishy and most solo tops are gonna have high sustain, gapclosers, and decent burst.

Before you can even hit Squirrel, theyve charged you, autoattacked, Q-attack-reset you for a few hundred damage.
You can poof them as they crawl off and Q them I guess, but you lose the trade. And they heal better than you.

Id recommend asking for Mid instead.

Drknite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

OMG. Lulu top. Before her AP ratio and base damage nerfs on Q, it was the best.
Don't be discouraged by that. It is actually still good.

Build her like a normal AP Carry. Boots start, dorans x2 or wota rush. deathcap, rylais.. etc etc.
If being squishy is the problem, play her 9/21/0 then. I did, was terribly fun.
If you don't care, 21/9/0 or some other combo, just make sure to land the armor.
Give her Mpen reds, armor yellows, ap blues and ap quints.
(or you can start with AD reds and quints if you feel like AA'ing and don't mind weaker spells -- testing)
Play flash ignite.
R>Q>W>E or R>Q>E>W depending on if you want a stronger shield (damage and shield) or more ap and longer polymorph.

Harass and farm with the Q. Set up ganks with the Q. Slow everything down with the Q. The Q is amazing.
Use E for shield and also another source of damage. It also displaces Pix so you can really extend your range.
Use W to chase, use it to help engage, or use it to polymorph. (i'd use it to engage for the extra AP)
Your ult is the biggest bait in the world. It also is a clutch save late game (steroided by AP).
Learn to move pix around and shoot with your Q. Le best.
I was writing a guide on it, now I'll have to continue.

Oh. Your gold/10 item question. With this build, I'd land the Kage's Lucky Pick. Maybe a Philio Stone.
Be careful with playing her top. Remember top lane mechanics. Ward at first back. Care for level two gank. Etc. Being aware of everything helps a lot.