Does SEA and China have access to current content?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZERRES

09-20-2010

Many games have delayed patch schedules for foreign countries due to localization and in the case of china certain censorship rules(certain animations and graphics have to be changed).

We all know that MF was not banned in the WCG NA finals and it seems that Riot is taking the stance that during a tournament anything in-game is fair-game.

Assuming that the WCG grand finals will be played on the latest build at the time of the tournament will SEA and China Players have had access to this content prior to the tournament?

Edit: After fumbling my way through lol.qq.com and finding the champion listing it has all champions listed with the exception of MF. BUT all champions released since LoL went retail are listed "(coming soon)". So is China just 1 patch cycle behind and only missing MF but don't update their website with champ info....or are they listing the champions but only have access to those at release??? This could be a huge Bane for the tournament if players from SEA and China have not had access to any of the champions released in the last year.

Ryjeon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

I'm watching some recorded chinese games and they are playing with Kog'maw, so the website must be outdated.

NinjaBoyLao

09-24-2010

SEA still doesn't have their own server yet so the SEA player are either proxy-ing their way through here or completely clueless about LoL. I watched their videos and one team openly admit that they don't know anything about the game XD

TheycallmeX

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjeon View Post
I'm watching some recorded chinese games and they are playing with Kog'maw, so the website must be outdated.
whered you find recorded chinese games?

Olymp1c

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2010

Just watched a chinese game that was posted on 9/17 and someone was using MF, so if they are behind, it would only be by a few days or a week or so as MF was released on 9/8 in the North America.

Watched at http://lol.neotv.cn but the site is all in chinese and you may have trouble loading it. I'm not tech-savy so I don't know how you can get it to work for you.