@RiotNome: can you make walls in TT impassible, except by Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKamius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvi View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post26255662
I'm waiting on Riot to explain this to me. Care to do so?
read Nome post on the same page, just 2 posts down the one u linked

Tlaon

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I volunteered dude. Most player value + unique niche + I have expertise in the area.
Our hero! /swoon

NamKim

06-28-2012

I hate it when RiotNome says something that makes me like him more...okay, I admit it, I do like it when he makes me like him more and more.

ThaDean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvailZ View Post
can you give me an unlimited supply of pizza? this would increase the viability of me eating food, aswell as make certain toppings less op (pepperoni really dominates the market at the moment)
Pepperoni's continued dominance in the pizza market is inherently related to its flavor/taste, a subjective measurement based on personal preference.

The continued dominance of bruisers and champions with an inherent flash ability in TT is NOT personal preference (playing AD carries on TT, for example is inherently more difficult because the lack of farm time, the lack of a pure tank champion to peel enemies off the carry, and the amount of random jungle engagements that can leave the AD carry dead before the player knows what happened.)

I don't like flash abilities because having one gives 3 inherent advantages:
*Ability to freely gank
*Ability to freely escape ganks
*Ability to farm nearly exponentially quicker than champions without a flash

The above lead to a snowball effect if the champion w/ a flash has lane dominance, which, when coupled with the high amount of gold/exp the jungle gives, leads to the ability of top-laners to 1v3 an enemy team- something that should rarely happen.

Leonixxiii

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDean View Post
Pepperoni's continued dominance in the pizza market is inherently related to its flavor/taste, a subjective measurement based on personal preference.

The continued dominance of bruisers and champions with an inherent flash ability in TT is NOT personal preference (playing AD carries on TT, for example is inherently more difficult because the lack of farm time, the lack of a pure tank champion to peel enemies off the carry, and the amount of random jungle engagements that can leave the AD carry dead before the player knows what happened.)

I don't like flash abilities because having one gives 3 inherent advantages:
*Ability to freely gank
*Ability to freely escape ganks
*Ability to farm nearly exponentially quicker than champions without a flash

The above lead to a snowball effect if the champion w/ a flash has lane dominance, which, when coupled with the high amount of gold/exp the jungle gives, leads to the ability of top-laners to 1v3 an enemy team- something that should rarely happen.
The problem is Flash is only like that when the target doesn't have flash... Take flash away, and you still have 99 problem, but Flash ain't 1 of them.

Jaw will Still be able to hop from dragon and get first blood, Caitlyn, Gragus, and Nid can still wall hop... TT's problems, which are minor to me, is champions that are designed to excel while taking flak from 5 champions in a game wheres there are only 3.. IE Bruisers/Tanky DPS, and AoE champions.

Fiora, and Yi while not hard to counter dish out allot of damage to multi targets, and then you have guys like Darius who can, if not kited, can dish out damage while building majority Tank... Its a rather complicated act to even attempt to try and balance.