Could Ryze's Scroll be Karthus's Song?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lewpaka

06-28-2012

Ok, so here's my reasoning.

If you look at Ryze's background and his League Judgement, it is said that he got his tattoos and learned his thorn magic from a mage named Lilith who lived in the Howling Marshes. She was the owner of the scroll at the time, until Ryze decided to steal it from her. He says "I had no choice!" he cried, "You wouldn't listen! You would bring ruin on us all!"

Now from his memories, it's pretty clear that Lilith harbors no love for outsiders, and potentially even hatred for the rest of the world. It's possible that she would gladly use some powerful magic to destroy her enemies recklessly.

She's in the Howling Marshes, and it's quite possible that (this is pure speculation) she had stolen the scroll herself, from Karthus, a lich of the Howling Marshes. If so, it would make sense that the scroll holds the entire manuscript of the Requiem songspell. We know that in Karthus's ultimate, Requiem, he sings a BRIEF (3 seconds I think) part of the song Requiem. It's said (somewhere in the lore, I don't remember where) that if Requiem is sung to completion, it will bring about the end/destruction of the entire world.

I don't think Karthus is inherently EVIL despite his appearances, and doesn't seek to end the world, but has the responsibility to do so when the time comes or something along those lines. (don't burn me on this)

So now Ryze holds the scroll to keep it from Lilith, Lilith is just sittin around being pissed or something I dunno, and Karthus has not disclosed any reason for joining the league. As there were no JoJ stories connecting him and Ryze, perhaps he is just there to keep an eye on it.

This is all speculation, meaning this connection can't really be proved, but I don't think it's impossible either. What do ya'll think?

Hsuanl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-28-2012

"I got these tatoo from RUNE PRISONS"
- Ryze

shadooklaw

06-28-2012

Whoa :O This community keeps surprising me with how much they can think up!

Astraltar

06-28-2012

OH GOOD GOD HE'S RIGHT
+1 for you.

Quiksilvur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

The Karthus theory of him having a purpose that isn't malevolent makes a lot of sense. The scroll thing makes sense, too, but don't you think Karthus would recognize it on Ryze's back? It could be that he does, and entrusts it with Ryze.

Birdy51

06-28-2012

A very well thought out theory. I had never even considered such an idea.

However, I do have to wonder about Karthus... He also was spotted defending an inhibitor correct? It only serves to further confuse the idea about whether Karthus is good or not!

Quiksilvur

06-28-2012

I assume he's a neutral force, probably some guy not concerned about anything but some sort of greater goal.

Írillyth

06-28-2012

Bumping for hopeful Riot debating.

ATV Rivenroth

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilvur View Post
The Karthus theory of him having a purpose that isn't malevolent makes a lot of sense. The scroll thing makes sense, too, but don't you think Karthus would recognize it on Ryze's back? It could be that he does, and entrusts it with Ryze.
Ryze has it wrapped up in all kinds of a lock and packet, magically sealed and the like. The actual scroll itself isn't visible. Karthus couldn't possible recognize it, he could be suspicious maybe? But doubtful he would instantly recognize it.

This idea is mind blowing by the way.

BarcIay

Recruiter

06-28-2012

You also have to look at the fact that Karthus eschews all tenure he gets from The League of Legends. He clearly isn't working there for the benefits, nor is he there to just blow it up, or he would have sung already and everyone would have died. You can't kill him either, and I'd imagine that sealing him in a prison somewhere would just cause him to sing himself out of it.

So, why is he at the League of Legends?

12345 ... 7