If Katarina's auto attack was ranged

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tennistreak

06-28-2012

Instantly loved the idea. Just perfect. Katrina would be main then. Lovely bro. Lovely.

Lord Romeo

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephrinx View Post
You ask this as if she isn't currently op.
This.

Kojolika

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaal View Post
Katarina is far from OP, she is easily countered by any form of CC. if she jumps in and fails to kill, she is dead. no questions asked. 90% of her damage is from her ult, her early game is the worst i've seen on any champion. but I still use her alot. So fun to play.
by 90% i hope u meant like 70% she had good damge with q and E

Mella Kara

06-28-2012

The last time I had a problem against Katarina was some time in early 2011. She's just average now. Balanced I guess is the word. As someone said before all a ranged attack would do is give her an early game advantage since she's balanced around the fact that she has a melee attack.

getdapumps

06-28-2012

It would be a bit funky, she has a melee kit and the ranged autos would be counter intuitive. It would help her farm, but to balance it she would have to lose a little burst. That's no fun, there are plenty of ranged mids, but for bursty melee with gap closers the list is much shorter.

50mm3r

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaal View Post
Katarina is far from OP, she is easily countered by any form of CC. if she jumps in and fails to kill, she is dead. no questions asked. 90% of her damage is from her ult, her early game is the worst i've seen on any champion. but I still use her alot. So fun to play.
If thats the case, you are playing her wrong XD

TheStandalone

06-28-2012

Well OP ... We would have to rename her Brokenasf*uckOPKatarina ... but just OP nah...

Kalafai

06-28-2012

On the issue of Katarina UP or OP, you should be picking her late in champion select after seeing enemy champions with less hard CC and your own team having a good few snares and stuns.

roughneck65

06-28-2012

yes she would be.

boodypoody

06-29-2012

lol kat op? ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahaha *pause for breath* ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

if riot gave her autos a range auto attack, it wouldnt do much. it would maybe give her level 1-3 a better chance to not die vs a range. and a better overall farm but it would do nothing to increase her overall damage. since hes AP all her damage comes from her abilities, which can be countered with just 1 form of CC,a stun,silence,knockup,knockback,grab, shyvs ult and hecs E. which all mid to high elo teams will have 1 form of these CC's.