Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stopping 5-man promote premade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atmosfear

Recruiter

11-04-2009

Just had a game where the opposition had 5x promote, 4 heal, 1 rally. Team consisted of:

Alistar
Soraka
Gangplank
Tryndamere
Janna

vs our team of solo queues:

Nasus (me)
Teemo
Chogath
Twitch
#5 escapes me

Not the best makeup for this particular strategy but certainly doable considering their choice of summoner skills.

My team had 2 forts (myself and chogath) and when we saw the opposition gather up at mid, my entire team ported/ran to mid to support the tower. Burned 2 forts and laid down every AE we had. We came out on top with the tower at 30% with no deaths on either side. When their push failed, we just kept farming until they tried a 2nd time with everyone 6 and above. This time we ended up killing 2 of their heroes and even managed to down two of their towers in retaliation.

TL;DR: 2 or more fortify is a sure-fire way to stop the 5x promote strat. It also helps having teammates with AE abilities (We had spirit fire, rupture, minefield of shrooms).

Achenpach

11-04-2009

did you guys win in the end? because thier strat seems really fierece on pushing and pressure

requiescat

11-04-2009

^ i was kassadin in that game

and yea we won that game! the pushing team definitely got outplayed after we stopped 2 or 3 of their pushes, then they started to push seperately, but failed because without 5 of them together we could easily hold them off.

WesleyC

Recruiter

11-04-2009

Nice job Atmosfere. I think you were slightly lucky that the other team didn't take Taric (who is pretty OP in my opinion). His AOE dmg buff would've likely have been the difference between holding the tower at 30% and losing it.

requiescat

11-04-2009

nah they pushed mid at around lvl4 or 5 so even if they had taric they wouldnt have had his aoe. the forts definitely saved us from having our tower rolled, so until they have another game mode other than draft mode, multiple forts are most likely the way to go to stop this strat.

Shenzhe

11-05-2009

I played against one of those teams last night. I suspect they weren't a very good premade. They were allistar soraka, tariac, pirate,sivir, we were jax, allistar, soraka (me), ashe, and someone else. We had no forts but managed to defend the first push losing one tower in the center and ~50% health of the second tower. We drove them back to their tower, kept the pressure on and managed to take out their center tower and then spread out to take out some other towers.

About midway through the match we would usually have jax or myself off on the wings while the other four would defend their five people. They really didn't use promote well, but they only had about 2 chances because they surrendered after about 20 min.

It made me feel good, but as I said I don't think they were a very good premade, or maybe they just decided to do that in the chat before the match start, idk.

Lerrem

11-05-2009

I have seen this combo three times, have won once, lost a close game once, and been absolutly stomped once.

The time we won we did a really good job of ignoring adds and focus firing 1 character. I believe the first push we killed 1 champion, and lost a turret, the second we killed 2 champions and lost a turret, and by the 3rd attempt we were outleveling them and could easily force thier champions back. After this when we went on the offencive they had nothing to stop us. I dont think this was the best group though, and i know with all the healing potential this isnt really a viable option all the time.

I think the best way to counter it is to have all your aoe and cc classes defend as hard as they can while sending your top physical dps to push off lanes. If you can get them to back up or break up their group play it makes repelling them a lot easier. And with all their champions in one lane if they get no kills they are very experience starved.

BoxmanFTW

11-05-2009

Would madrids blood razor with like 1-2 forts be a possible solution?

It provides a nice dps boost to nuke the creeps and the fort can finish off the wave. You then have at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted recouping time.

This is just theory craft btw...

Atmosfear

Recruiter

11-05-2009

Quote:
BoxmanFTW:
Would madrids blood razor with like 1-2 forts be a possible solution?

It provides a nice dps boost to nuke the creeps and the fort can finish off the wave. You then have at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted recouping time.

This is just theory craft btw...

To my knowledge, bloodrazors do not affect buildings, only units.

BoxmanFTW

11-05-2009

I believe you miss understood me... I was stating to counter the push the OP described using madrids razor (not blood razor i was incorrect the first time i stated it)

The razor allows the proc against the promoted creeps for an extra 500 dmg which stacks very well, especially when multiple teammates use it

I also think that razor would stack well into blood razor later into the game, allowing this item to be more functional after preventing the "power push"