Stopping 5-man promote premade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pdfarsight

11-04-2009

We run with three fortifies usually. Really helps when everyone is dead and you need to defend the tower.

Kimano117

11-04-2009

The worst makeup is when you're playing against an organized team running something like
Soraka/Taric/Alistar/Sivir/Chogath
Then they just get 4x Promote, 2x Rally, 3x Heal, 1x Fortify.

It's completely and totally unstoppable, even if you know it's coming. The only way to counter them is to run something like Ashe/Morgana/Karthus/Support/Support and rotate fortifies on their pushes. The only problem is even then, because of the cooldowns, they'll still push harder than you, and win by attrition.

Patyrn

11-04-2009

Quote:
cc is your best bet. shaco's boxes are pretty darn pro vs a huge mob. as is his ult. but yeah with collective ultimates, you can easily kill them. between nunu's ult and ashe's ult alone thats an immense amount of damage. rammus can also use taunt on kayle to stop him from bubbling someone. but yeah, that is a harsh combo to fight. your dps on that team isnt great dps. im sure ashe's reg attacks were worthless given all those tanks. rammus... is more of a tank than damager. MORGANA THOUGH! her ult is pro in combonation with nunu's ult. esp when the enemies are more focused on take down a tower than anything else. bam! nuke+stun so that nunu can step in and garunteed ult them all. and finally ashe has his pick on who to finish.
Actually shaco is damned near the worst hero in the game to counter that kind of team. Your only option is extremely high sustained dps heros that can keep fighting for extended periods of time. Shaco "bursts" one of them for maybe 1\5th their hp, then has to run and heal.

The problem with this comp is not the promote, or the rally. Allister\taric\soraka is so much AOE healing you can't hurt them anyway.

This comp is lame because of blind pick. It's one of those things that if you don't have the right counters, you can't win.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2009

The problem is that you can't tell what the enemy has gotten until its too late to change. So I would say you're pretty much screwed if your team doesn't have the correct combination. If you're really scared, I would just take smite or fortify every game.

Voices

11-04-2009

I played against a bunch of chumps like these the other day, and we turned the game around after about an hour of playing.

I was playing nunu with smite, but the all-star on our team was a Fiddle with a nice pool of AP. Their team setup was similar (taric, alistar, etc), but with a twitch. The solution to setups like these is having enough aoe power, and straight power to stop their pushes, and enough organization to call the pushed lanes and be there for the push. This strategy works well for the outer towers, but isn't effective for the inner towers, and this is because defenders can move faster to inner points where they are needed.

Teams like these may often win because they're playing against disorganized solo players, but we got the players we needed to match their power. The strategy, as far as I know, does not work for more organized play, and is probably a waste of summoner ability in those matches.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2009

As long as you can see at the loading screen, you can organize something up quickly. If you see those summoner spells, you already know their biggest tactic--so ready up! I recommend starting with pots instead of normal items. It gives much better return for money if they decide to bum rush you as soon as the game begins.

By the way, does Promote start on cooldown, or are they ready to go on the first wave? It's been forever since I last used it.

discomatt

11-04-2009

Promote starts on cooldown.

And yes, this build is not viable against a balanced, cooperative team. 5 player premades SHOULD win against 5 solo players, especially if they're timing their abilities and targetting properly, almost in spite of champion selection (almost because there are quite a few useless champs/champ combinations)

Forumtroll

11-04-2009

It's actually not even the heals. It's the fact with Radiance and Unbreakable Will on Alistar is doing what? Six hundred plus unmitigated damage to turrets at level 16? If you happen to have low armor and health imagine what that does to you.

Solution: Silence Taric. kill cow. Silence shuts off his ultimate if I recall correctly.

Achenpach

11-04-2009

Lolz when me and my friends play the promote we play a full 5 promote with 2-3 rallies and some forts.

This style of pushing is easily crushed with just an investment of 2-3 forts?

But as for that hero wise thats a different thing, without good AOE u wont be able to take down thier team.

Tho with 5 promotes we did once manage to down the nexus at 18 mins

A push with 5 1k+ hp creeps at lvl 4 is nasty =w=

WesleyC

11-04-2009

As a few of you have pointed out I think the problem isn't that the abilities/heroes are overpowered, but that hero & summoner spell selection is blind. How long will it be until riot offers us some more balanced game modes? Hopefully ladder-ranked games won't be blind pick...

In the meantime, if anyone can post a video of a strong pre-made team playing a promote strategy AND LOSING I'd certainly like to watch it!