Suggestion for Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheStandalone

06-27-2012

Here is my idea. What if we could create a custom game with target dummies to practice our built. Let me show you the picture :

- Level 18 Champion of your own
-Inifinite Gold
-Acces to a Item Marchant
-Acces to your runes and Masterie points
-6 different types of Target dummies , one passif with Alot of resistance, passif one with Alot of armor and one passif normal. and the same dummies but Agressive that attacks you instead to have resistance they attack with AP etc... (but cannot kill you)
-Only 1 Summoner per Game (custom online ''single player'' game)

This would help people getting used to combos, rune choice , masterie point and items, it would benefit the ancients as much as the newbies .Who would not like to try out Champions of the week into the dummies games just to see if they could carry better with this or this champion. That would be great for the sales too !!

Love it or Hate it but for my Part this would be great and nothing like other games have ever done (LoL type of games)

TheStandAlone

Scenvresh

06-27-2012

This completely defeats the purpose of having the store. I understand that it's desirable to test things out before you dish out the IP, but there's really not a set of runes that isn't worth it if you're a good enough player.

Also: consider that you knew exactly what every set of runes does and exactly how much it boosts your damage etc., etc. Doesn't that already provide less incentive for you to buy utility runes (ie Gold/10 runes)? The moment you realize the possibility of some of these runes that are geared toward active gameplay, more passive runes or even per-level runes become less satisfying.

Furthermore, this really doesn't provide any utility whatsoever. All you're doing is testing, sure, no problem but that also means that brand new players would be lured into testing out every single champion before actually playing the game. There already exists a massive issue (as I'm sure Riot and other players are aware of) where summoners who have recently been introduced to the League feel no desire to play normal games against real opponents where they might lose. There are summoners who spend their entire LoL careers (short-lived as they are, due to the lack of a challenge) in Coop vs. AI games.

Following that, if you could test out every champion you want to play and possibly buy, this definitely shuts down a large number of champions in the store. A lot of the desirability of a champion for more experienced players accompanies the skillcap of the champion. For example, a lot of "good" players find Fizz enjoyable to play because Playful/Trickster and the set distance on Piercing Strike provide a challenge and introduce creativity into gameplay. Creating this system where you can test out all the champions engages people even more so into playing only champions who are easy to play (ie Morgana). While there is no detriment to this, it does lower the overall advancement of the competitive gaming that Riot advocates.

Last, but not least, enabling this system also provides an unrealistic expectation as to how well you will do with a champion. Playing Fizz and using playful trickster to dodge a set rhythmic attack of an immobile dummy is not even close to comparable with playing against a real person (or even a bot). This could lead to a lot of purchases that new summoners regret. This bitter taste in their mouth from buying a champion that they are incapable of coping with will probably result in them leaving the game entirely because they lack the option of even refunding their purchases.

Edit: tl;dr - This shizz ain't good cuz there be problems, breh.

TheStandalone

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenvresh View Post
This completely defeats the purpose of having the store. I understand that it's desirable to test things out before you dish out the IP, but there's really not a set of runes that isn't worth it if you're a good enough player.

Also: consider that you knew exactly what every set of runes does and exactly how much it boosts your damage etc., etc. Doesn't that already provide less incentive for you to buy utility runes (ie Gold/10 runes)? The moment you realize the possibility of some of these runes that are geared toward active gameplay, more passive runes or even per-level runes become less satisfying.

Furthermore, this really doesn't provide any utility whatsoever. All you're doing is testing, sure, no problem but that also means that brand new players would be lured into testing out every single champion before actually playing the game. There already exists a massive issue (as I'm sure Riot and other players are aware of) where summoners who have recently been introduced to the League feel no desire to play normal games against real opponents where they might lose. There are summoners who spend their entire LoL careers (short-lived as they are, due to the lack of a challenge) in Coop vs. AI games.

Following that, if you could test out every champion you want to play and possibly buy, this definitely shuts down a large number of champions in the store. A lot of the desirability of a champion for more experienced players accompanies the skillcap of the champion. For example, a lot of "good" players find Fizz enjoyable to play because Playful/Trickster and the set distance on Piercing Strike provide a challenge and introduce creativity into gameplay. Creating this system where you can test out all the champions engages people even more so into playing only champions who are easy to play (ie Morgana). While there is no detriment to this, it does lower the overall advancement of the competitive gaming that Riot advocates.
First I never mentioned to enable every runes , what i Mean is an easy way to switch between your rune pages and masterie pages ALREADY OWNED to try out what you've built. ALSO items I talk about is ITEMS that you can buy with gold NOT with RP or IP. Not from store but from market in games.For your champions issue , you could only pick champions already owned or champions of the week like i said. It is sure that it is not like playing against a moving target but still gives you an idea of your champion's potential

blindcyde80

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

its basically a dumbed down version of bot games, and this is already the only thing bot games are good for, trying new thigns to see how they impact your play with a certain champ or learning a new champ's abilities.

the only advantage here would be making the process go by quicker, but at the same time that doesn't give you a good idea on item progression throughout a game either.

for example, with your idea, you couldn't really tell WHEN to buy items, just what items are good with the champ you're testing. starting at lvl 18 and infinite gold kinda rules out early game items too like aegis of the legion.

then there's skill order, depending on the champ, i have noticed a HUGE difference between levelling one skill over another. starting with them all maxed doesnt help here at all

also, that setup could lead to a false hope of some 16k build when the player testing still can't farm enough or get enough kills to GET that kind of gold for their "dream build"

sure, i'd love an imaginary setup where i could put together the most ridiculous builds possible just to see stupid amounts of damage or survivability, but theres just no real use for that outside temporary amusement