League of legends cannot connect to maestro. game client will restart

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azmarius

06-27-2012

So i dont know if anyones had this problem, but i was at character selection, when up pops "Game cannot connect to maestro. Game client will restart" or something like that. Game restarts, then im locked out for 5 minutes because 'I' left a game during character selection. I mean, im being punished for something thats not my fault (i think). So if anyone can give me a heads up on what this masetro thing is, or why itd force me to close my client, thatd be great. I'm constantly using boosts, so every minute helps. Thanks guys

Iniquitee

Technical Production Coordinator

06-27-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

This happens if you attempt to launch the client again (probably by accident) and click "OK" on the popup that asks you to close your old Maestro client. If that happens, you should close your client and re-launch it before joining a game!

Azmarius

06-27-2012

thanks a bunch inquitee! makes sense (**** my sausage fingers), bring on the pulsefire ezreal

Iniquitee

Technical Production Coordinator

06-27-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

No problem, I do it all the time... learned my lesson the hard way like you (by dodging a game, but mine was ranked so I lost elo too QQ)

HeiTon

06-27-2012

This happens to me recently. While in a ranked queue as well and i noticed it's because of the disconnects during my previous game it forces my league program to close only leaving pvp.net and so when trying to start up a game it gives me the maestro client error. Very annoying because the ingame disconnects seem to be very frequent for most people.

Chuber

06-29-2012

This happens to me when i launch the client...... then it wont even let me re-start the client unless i force it by spam clicking the poop out of it. I have all my stuff updated and synced the timezone. The only way I found out how to fix this is by repairing the client..... I do not enjoy waiting 30+ minutes for it to repair each hotfix/patch......

misereeee

06-13-2013

Actually, and this is with mac client beta, I have been punished repeatedly with brow beating 5 minute waits, when I am ready to play and I get a maestro error and poof gone.
It is actually a real pain in the ass- more than just the lag or the queing process.
I have no recourse when this happens.
Its like someone hits the F you we are full and don't want traffic on the servers so we will punish you for 5 minutes till we can handle it again.