Great ziliean and ryze build 1000 ap !!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SynergyDreamer

08-31-2010

Quote:
They're bad impractical builds.
High AP can't do much without no magic pen, mentioned by inb4.

Drey Malic

08-31-2010

These archangel stacks are a good idea in theory, and people see as cheap, but they rarely realize how long it takes for the ability power to really jump. Along with that it's been said that this build only works amazingly on a few heroes.

Hiemer is one of those who can maybe pull off because of his farming capabilities and that he gets CDR from his ult. But that's it. I would never try or suggest this build on anyone else.

FEB Moses

08-31-2010

No doubt you are getting another negative from me. Everyone knows about stacking arch angels. Problem is you get NO movement speed, spell cooldown red, or spell pen. So it looks nice but it does not do that well.

Siky

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyDreamer View Post
High AP can't do much without no magic pen, mentioned by inb4.
People often say this and I think it's just stupid. Do people even look at the math or think about the trade off before talking or is this just bad second hand knowledge? This is about extremes and Spell Penetration is more effective for different things (mainly smaller nukes or multi-hit / low damage DoTs).

Forget theorycraft and practicality, this is pure mathcraft.

Quote:
4x Archangel's Staff and 1 Zhonya's Ring gives you 966 AP on Zilean without any Masteries/Runes.
- Zilean's Q (Time Bomb) does 330 (+869.4) Magic Damage.

I will give the target (fellow Zilean) Mercury Treads, Banshee's Veil and Guardian Angel. That's the most you're going to see, defensively on any normal champ. Deviate the number by 20 points if you want to, doesn't matter. This gives the target 35 (+120) MR.That means you're doing 1199.4 Magical Damage - 155 MR = 1044.4 Magic Damage. Simple.
So you think Spell Penetration will make a difference? Okay, let's do that then.

Quote:
3x Archangel's Staff, Zhonya's Ring, Void Staff gives you 804 AP.
- Zilean's Q (Time Bomb) now does 330 (+724.05) Magic Damage.

Same defensive items, so removing 40% of the target's MR effectively reduces the opponent's MR to 93.

1054 Magical Damage - 93 MR = 961.05 Magic Damage.
That's an honestly small difference of 83.35 magic damage, but there's a difference.

If for some reason, the opponent is a tank stacking MR (not going to switch to a different champ, just going to put items on Zilean to simulate which in itself won't make much of a difference in numbers anyways), then yes, the numbers will even out with Spell Penetration.

Quote:
Again, 3x Archangel's Staff, Zhonya's Ring, Void Staff gives you 804 AP.
- Zilean's Q (Time Bomb) now does 330 (+724.05) Magic Damage.

Opponent runs Mercury Treads, Banshee's Veil, Guardian's Angel, Force of Nature and Aegis of the Legion and has a strong 35 (+235) MR. Void Staff effectively reduces this to 162 MR.

Now the damage changes of course. 1054.05 Magic Damage - 162 MR = 892.05 Magic Damage with the Void Staff.

Compare this to the original build's 1199.4 Magic Damage - 270 MR = 929.4 Magic Damage without Void Staff.
The difference has changed to a mere 37.35. Fact is, Void Staff gives you nothing else except Spell Penetration and you're not doing more damage.

If you jump into the 350 MR range, then you start getting even.

There's a reason that this build isn't practical though, it's better, but it's cost is outrageous and the champs it benefits from being on can't farm it fast enough.

You can argue all you want that you can just get more Spell Penetration from Runes and Masteries. Okay, sure. I can also get more AP than you can get Spell Penetration from runes and masteries so in the end I'm still doing MORE damage. This is really all the discussion is about anyways, damage.

Don't spout High AP can't do much without Magic Penetration like it's a law. This does not however validate this build. Just arguing against one person's stupidity.

SynergyDreamer

08-31-2010

Learn Spell Block. Percentage, not straight up subtraction.

155/(255)= (about) 60% resist. 1200 x .4 = 480.
93/(193)= (about) 50% resist. 1054 x .5 = 527.

162/(262) = (about) 62% resist. 1050 x .38 = 399
270/(370) = (about) 73% resist. 1200 x .27 = 324

All calculations were done respective to previous post.
Although, it may be slightly inaccurate, considering legitimate detail of spell block hasn't been updated(?) since a month, almost two?

madstermind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siky View Post
People often say this and I think it's just stupid. Do people even look at the math or think about the trade off before talking or is this just bad second hand knowledge? This is about extremes and Spell Penetration is more effective for different things (mainly smaller nukes or multi-hit / low damage DoTs).

Forget theorycraft and practicality, this is pure mathcraft.

So you think Spell Penetration will make a difference? Okay, let's do that then.

That's an honestly small difference of 83.35 magic damage, but there's a difference.

If for some reason, the opponent is a tank stacking MR (not going to switch to a different champ, just going to put items on Zilean to simulate which in itself won't make much of a difference in numbers anyways), then yes, the numbers will even out with Spell Penetration.

The difference has changed to a mere 37.35. Fact is, Void Staff gives you nothing else except Spell Penetration and you're not doing more damage.

If you jump into the 350 MR range, then you start getting even.

There's a reason that this build isn't practical though, it's better, but it's cost is outrageous and the champs it benefits from being on can't farm it fast enough.

You can argue all you want that you can just get more Spell Penetration from Runes and Masteries. Okay, sure. I can also get more AP than you can get Spell Penetration from runes and masteries so in the end I'm still doing MORE damage. This is really all the discussion is about anyways, damage.

Don't spout High AP can't do much without Magic Penetration like it's a law. This does not however validate this build. Just arguing against one person's stupidity.
Amazing fail on MR mechanics. Above poster is right.

Bombast

08-31-2010

I thought the rough mechanics of spell resist (Block, I guess its called in LoL) would be painfully apparent to anyone who's ever hovered their mouse over their stat box...

Kikse Mand

09-01-2010

im getting it done many times, im pretty good with them so it isnt a build for NEW TRYERS

Kikse Mand

09-01-2010

up