Who counters Nasus in top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

I've begun practicing my top lane with someone tanky, not range (i.e. Teemo, Vlad, Swain). I found a liking to Nasus, because he rewards good farming, does a ton of damage, and is a tank. However, since I am relatively new at top lane, I don't know who would counter him so I know when not to pick him if they pick their top first. Thanks in advance.

TeknoWizard

06-27-2012

Riven, Teemo, Olaf, Garen, Rumble, Fiora, Renekton, Vladimir, and Gangplank. To varying degrees with each of them. Basically, any champion that can deny farm and has a strong early game. Watch out for strong harassers.

Also, Nasus is my go to pick when the other top lane is Cho'Gath because he has no way of denying your farm.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

GP? I thought doran's shield + ninja tibi would make his parrrley a joke with your lifesteal passive. Any specific reason why besides parrrley?

OriginalJack

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post
GP? I thought doran's shield + ninja tibi would make his parrrley a joke with your lifesteal passive. Any specific reason why besides parrrley?
I don't think GP is as good a counter as some of those others. (usuaully when I want to counterpick nasus I will take Riven) but if I was GP vs Nasus I wouldn't sit back and just parrrlay I would want to get right up in his face and just hit him a bunch AND parrlay when he tried to Q something. Basically my game plan for dealing with nasus is just to be as big a bully as possible.

Quick Rawr

06-27-2012

Most champions. He is a very niche pick.

slimjimo10

06-27-2012

I only played him twice so far, once vs urgot, and once vs a duo lane of shyvana and gp.

Vs urgot, early game he harassed very hard, but when i got some extra armor, he was easy. Just farmed Q.

Vs the duo lane, I was pushed but last hit decently under turret, I ended up actually having more farm then both of them combined, and with my ult I got a 1v2 double kill. That's why I'm wondering why gp is a counter.

TeknoWizard

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post
I only played him twice so far, once vs urgot, and once vs a duo lane of shyvana and gp.

Vs urgot, early game he harassed very hard, but when i got some extra armor, he was easy. Just farmed Q.

Vs the duo lane, I was pushed but last hit decently under turret, I ended up actually having more farm then both of them combined, and with my ult I got a 1v2 double kill. That's why I'm wondering why gp is a counter.
Basically, he just bullies. He's one of the softer counters to Nasus. The point is, I was just listing champions with a strong early game and good harass.

Enroshia

06-27-2012

Teemo, Garen Renketon...

Danish Vikingz

06-27-2012

Don't main Nasus dude, as someone else mentioned, he is a niche pick

slimjimo10

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Vikingz View Post
Don't main Nasus dude, as someone else mentioned, he is a niche pick
I'm getting Jarvan next. Nasus is just a good starter for learning to farm without getting zoned and a top lane tank for me. I'm not maining Nasus, he's just my go-to tank for top at the moment.