Master yi, AP or AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jamesp103

06-27-2012

I've been playing with master yi for a while now, and i have always played him with heavy AD, because i always thought that he was meant to be played AD....
Is he better to be played as an AP? If so what should my build be?
Any tips on how i could play him would be great.

JrryTheBarbarian

06-27-2012

A good ap yi can destroy an ad yi late game, you need to play a little safer early game though

BitProdigy

06-27-2012

Personally I usually play AP for the lane then transition to AD lategame

Just stack a few doran's rings then into a blood thirster and slowly sell off the rings when you need the slots for more AD/AS items.

_G

Thané

06-27-2012

2 completley different play stayles, and both of them work, so you just have to pick one you like more.

Ad Yi is easier to shut down, but much more destructive. Ap Yi has much better survival, but his main damage is alpha strike, so you will be limited by how many casts you can get off.

Noxian Mercenary

06-27-2012

AP yi can get a pentakill merely by jumping in and getting the first kill.

An AP yi with DFG, Lich Bane, and upwards of 600AP can instantly kill any squishy character.

XCodes

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWolf0189 View Post
AP yi can get a pentakill merely by jumping in and getting the first kill.

An AP yi with DFG, Lich Bane, and upwards of 600AP can instantly kill any squishy character.
Add in a Nashor's Tooth and AP Yi can still get a Quadrakill merely by getting an assist early.

harrothggar

09-20-2012

Both ap and ad yi are great!!! I prefer ap because you have big burst with your Q and sustain with you W. Even better your ult can reset ALL OF YOU COOLDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quazifuji

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxian Mercenary View Post
To be fair, that's true of a lot of AP casters. 600 AP is a ton, lots of characters have enough burst to instantly kill a squishy with that much and a DFG.

Tanathalis

09-21-2012

Ap yi is great at harrassing farming and pushing but in teamfights je dosnt help much