Best Tank Junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittinhotfire View Post
Maokai and Nunu make excellent support / protection style tanks. Naut ammumu, and Galio bring the CC for teamrights.
Galio jungler?

Singing

06-28-2012

Nautilus!

Kordaths

06-28-2012

Easily Malphite. He can stay full health with three HP pots. After level three his shield only goes down on blue and red, his Q is possibly the best chaser tool in the game. His W makes him tanky as all hell, while his E also screws over ALL Auto attack carries. Then you factor in the items he gets (Frozen Heart, Randuins, ect) he has great disruption right there. But wait, THERE'S MORE! His ult is an AoE knockup that does moderate damage. AFK jungle farm until level 6 (Roughly 7:50) and your first gank is always a kill. Malphite IS the best tank jungler by far.

arizonabay96

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Alistar, Amumu, Cho'Gath, Darius, Dr. Mundo, Jarvan IV, Lee Sin, Malphite, Maokai, Olaf, Riven, Shyvana, Singed, Udyr, Warwick.

I posted both Tanks and Tanky DPS. All above, if played right, add the right dynamic to a team.
Skarner and Nautalis are very good as well

U60

06-28-2012

Udyr!

YouWontFeedMe

01-18-2013

amumu is the best tanky jungler imo, with malphite being a close second.. but since they are both banned in over 90% of games, those selections dont really help you. maokai, shyvana, sejuani, and volibear are all great tanky junglers. volibear is a lot of fun because if you are getting kills on your early ganks, just like amumu you can become a half carry half tank..whereas with champs like maokai you shouldnt really ever be in a position to be carrying, since when you build him correctly for tankiness he has low damage. sejuani and shyvana are both great junglers, and pretty effective gankers, and if shyvana gets tanky shes almost impossible to stop, but none of them really compare to the team utility of maokai. he has endless warding ability, can reduce damage done to his team within a given area, snare someone, knock tanks out of a teamfight or knock carries into your team, and has a passive that gives him great sustain if you build high health items.

YouWontFeedMe

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Galio jungler?
wait what? galio jungle? if someone has a viable galio jungle set up SEND IT MY WAY. i love galio, but hate that no adc knows how to lane with him as support, id love to be able to jungle with him and come in for the heavy tank gank. that bulwark ability is one of the best buffs in the game for a team carry. as good if not better than nunu's atk spd/movement spd buff.

FrazzledMelon

01-18-2013

Not to start a fight here..but let's remember that being a good "tank" involves a lot more than being "tanky". When you factor in things like good initiation and peel capabilities, the list gets pretty short. If you just want some tankiness, it's a lot longer...

markd315

04-28-2013

Nobody mentioned Jax or Nasus which disappoints me because they can both be built offtank. You can't damage either when they ult and with even some armor/MR they can deal a LOT more damage than they take. I main them jungle so I feel they at least deserve recognition.

ExHamster

04-28-2013

nautilus