Who should I pick for my first 6300 ip champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaShedon

06-26-2012

So, thanks to the 10 win ip boost riot gave us, I've saved up 6300 ip, and I'm pretty excited to get a cool new champ. The main ones I'm considering are Lee Sin, Riven and Nocturne. Vladimir, Yorick, Shyvana and Darius also seem pretty good. Could someone give me some reasons to pick one of these? I'm kind of leaning towards picking a jungler, because it seems like the junglers can really change the tide of the game, among other reasons.
Also, somewhat on topic, what champions tend to get banned a lot in ranked, and are there certain champions that are nearly, if not always banned? I'd prefer not to pick someone who I'd never get to use in a ranked game.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

Have you tried any of them out yet? If you haven't, then you're running the risk of 'wasting' 6300 IP; are you sure you want to farm all that up again _without_ a new champion to play?

Instead, I recommend waiting until you find one you enjoy during their free weeks. Sure it may take longer to try out specific champions, but it means you can test out ones you would have never considered.

Judas Priest

06-26-2012

That's a good idea indeed. And what about his second questions, which are the most banned champions from draft pick?

HaShedon

06-26-2012

I've observed the play style and read up on the abilities of each one that interests me, they seem fun, although I haven't played them myself.\
I don't really see the harm in using my ip, I'll have a couple thousand more by the next free week, anyway, and it doesn't do any good just sitting there.:P

Sevgz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

I agree with Panzer! You could also check some videos and see if any of those stands out to you.

About the "most banned" champions, those are the following:

Shen
Morgana
Blitz
Alistar
Kassadin (not as frequently as a month ago)
Darius (every now and then)
Shaco

I hope that helps. Have fun summoner.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

Bans largely depend on Elo and solo/arranged. I wouldn't bother with that, as by the time you play at a level where the bans are consistent, you'll have a wider variety of champions to play anyway. (Also, if you're worried about the champions that are banned, you should learn to play them so that the enemy can't leave them open for their later picks - if nobody on your team owns a champion they don't show up for the enemy to ban.)

TitanOfBraavos

06-26-2012

Lee Sin, Noc and Shyv are the better junglers among the ones you mentioned. Shyv has better counter jungling than Noct and Noct has a lot better ganks than Shyv. I dunno about Lee Sin as I have not played him but he seems very fun.

Azrael HQ

06-26-2012

l

Xephair

06-26-2012

I personally suggest watching videos on who you want possibly first about 5 per champion just rift through them and see if the skills are really what get you, like for example, i saw a ranked game with a Nidalee in it and she threw a spear for 80% on a ashe and i was like WOAH wait hacks? But i watched a few more videos and thats about normal for a decent Nidalee player, which is how i found my favorite and only champion for the next few months :P.

But yeah, do some serious research on the champion your thinking about first, because looks can be deceiving, and dont watch those games from like HotshotGG and think THIS guy is so OP, watch normal guide games mainly, to have a general overview of how your probably going to play that character. Or just watch both so you know you can possibly be that good once you master that champion!

Apetk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

out of your main ones the most popular are nocturne(usually you only see him jungle) and lee sin(seen top and jungle, but has a higher skill cap). Riven is also worthy as a jungler, just more commonly picked as a top later.
You should feel no need to buy a 6300 champion tough, especially if your interested in ranked, as you will want a greater pool of champions.