Genericke's high elo guide to beating Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

06-26-2012

Hey everyone! For those of you who don't know me my name's Genericke. Before Jabebot was taken away my dominion elo was at 1800. After lolmatches got taken away it was hovering around 2000. Kind of high elo, but then again...more of a top percentile type thing. I'd have a silver badge I think. I spend a lot more time trolling the dominion forums and dominatedominion chat than I probably should, but it's the summer! Who needs sunlight?

Anyways, a lot of people have been complaining about Jax being OP on the forums. I can assure you that no one is overpowered in dominion (don't look at me like that Kassadin and Urgot players) and that Jax is completely fine. Here is my guide on how to beat Jax all the time.

Let's get some backround on Jax. Jax is a high level probably monster but not quite human mob that is frequently encountered in areas such as the crystal scar and the twister treeline. He has high base stats, movement speed, damage, and tankiness. Don't let this dismay you! Like any boss mob, he needs preparation to be dealt with.

The first step is finding Jax. Look to your minimap. If he isn't there, there's a good chance he's hiding in the bushes above his captured windmill, or by whatever bottom node your bottom laner gave up to him. This is tricky because you don't want any of your DPS to be caught before your tanks get any of his aggro. Begin by getting your tanks to initiate the fight. This begins phase one.

In this phase all attacks from your ranged DPS will be useless, and all champions should stay outside of 700 range from Jax. Only use abilities if you are a safe distance from him, because any closer may cause him to use his ability called leap strike. This ability allows him to jump to an enemy or allied target, causing massive amounts of damage that only your tank can absorb. During this phase Jax will start twirling his lamppost above his head causing him to dodge all attacks (I guess the lamppost blinds targets or something and makes attacks miss). Once he has finished twirling, he will stun all targets in a radius around him while also causing more damage for each time he was autoattacked...so in all honesty it will probably do full damage to your tank. He will also activate an ability that makes him more resistant to all types of damage except true damage. Do not think that true damage will work however as all sources must get within 700 range of Jax, and do very little damage against his high hp.

Phase two begins once Jax realizes that he is not within leap strike range of any targets and must therefore focus whatever is in front of him. DO NOT get within leap strike range or else this phase will end prematurely, Jax will not take enough damage and your tank will loss aggro. This is bad because after a few seconds Jax will enrage and wipe your entire group.

Phase 3 begins once your tank has died and your healers (Sona and Soraka) have exhausted all of their cooldowns. This is inevitable, and is the trickiest part of the fight. Everyone must attack Jax. He will acquire a new target and leap to them every 5 seconds, while also healing for all damage he deals if you're going for heroic difficulty, in which case he's armed with a hextech gunblade giving him lifesteal and spell vamp. Additionally it allows him to kill two targets within the first five second period of time.

With luck Jax has finally died, while only having wiped 3 or 4 of the people in your party. Make sure that the fight doesn't drag on for too long or else he'll enrage and wipe your entire group. Also be careful of any mobs being around Jax that he could leap to in order for him to escape.

Congratulations, you've beaten Jax and can now neutralize your own point while the rest of his team takes a forth point of their own !

FDru

06-26-2012

Is seems that if the game lasts longer than 5 minutes he bugs out and permanently enrages.

IMGAYDONTFOCUSME

06-27-2012

10/10 would read again

Kazgul

06-27-2012

tl; dr all, first paragraph made me sick to my stomach irl

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

or just play bruiser yi, he spins lamp post , you W and use summoners heal if needed , he done spinning lamp post , you hit R and E . he try's to flee you hit Q

injoy your free win.

also works great vs tryd,
tryd attacks you you hit R tryd uses chicken on you , you counter by hitting E, tryd ults you hit W and summoner heal and watch his damage drop as you wont attack him and he will leech life and thus decrease his own damage , than hit Q when his ult ends you'l do damage while he wont be able to hit you during Q and than beat him up as he try's to flee, if your confident you can delay Q for when he runs for it and even delay using R until after his ult

zionist shill

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Is seems that if the game lasts longer than 5 minutes he bugs out and permanently enrages.

So Jax has evolved into Brutallus?

Panwar

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
or just play bruiser yi, he spins lamp post , you W and use summoners heal if needed , he done spinning lamp post , you hit R and E . he try's to flee you hit Q

injoy your free win.
Except that all he has to do is hit E early and stun you in your Meditate. And all you have done by going bruiser YI is to trade in your damage and massive lifesteal for a bit of health/resistances that Jax couldn't care less about.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

so he stuns early.. dues not change things you still come out on top in hp this works true out the match as long as jax isn't feeding on your team so much he out gears you massively

Gage

06-27-2012

Irelia beats Jax?

Slivyrr

06-27-2012

So what you're saying is you need a tank, a healer/support, and a DPS to beat just Jax.
I'm sorry, but doesn't that define what an OP champion is even more?