Custom Games Change?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RonySoar

06-26-2012

Hey, I'm still fairly new to this so if someone has already posted about this, I'm sorry. Every time a new "Free Champion Rotation" comes out, I like to play the champs I haven't played yet to see how I like them in a custom game with all bots so then I cant let a team down if I suck too badly. But I've always been able to play these custom games with 4 bots playing with me and 5 bots on the opposite team on the Summoners Rift map. When I tried to set this up just the same way, a bubble pops up that says that it cant add the bot because there must be 2 players in a custom game. Is this just my own little glitch? Or is this some new rule? Side note: If this is a new rule, boo :-( If it is a glitch, suggestions?

Neo Zora

06-26-2012

I'm also new in the game, and used to do the same: a custom game with me and the rest bots. Now I'm having the same problem as you.
A message comes up saying that custom games need at least 2 players.
I'm guessing this is new.. if it is, that's really bad =/

Anyone knows whats behind this?

Ecentric1111

06-26-2012

not that I've seen anything stating this somewhere as "word of god" but it seems to be an official thing now. best bet would probably be to grab some other people who do the same, add them to your friend list, and go do a few 2 man vs bot matches.

I know i tried this myself as well and found the same thing. the one person per match games were likely eating up too much server space, and thus they changed it to 2 people per to cut that issue down by half at least.

Kelron Vladseal

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecentric1111 View Post
not that I've seen anything stating this somewhere as "word of god" but it seems to be an official thing now. best bet would probably be to grab some other people who do the same, add them to your friend list, and go do a few 2 man vs bot matches.

I know i tried this myself as well and found the same thing. the one person per match games were likely eating up too much server space, and thus they changed it to 2 people per to cut that issue down by half at least.
Well instead of putting a bandaid on it they should fix it properly, which I hope they do(It very well maybe a temporary thing because of the server queues as well). Such as making the bot matches like that solely ran on the client, if they don't want them to add to IP that would be fine if they allowed the practice matches and made them client side only at least.

Ecentric1111

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelron Vladseal View Post
Well instead of putting a bandaid on it they should fix it properly, which I hope they do(It very well maybe a temporary thing because of the server queues as well). Such as making the bot matches like that solely ran on the client, if they don't want them to add to IP that would be fine if they allowed the practice matches and made them client side only at least.
You do have a very valid point. I would like to see that as well TBH. I was merely suggesting a work around for the moment. We'll see what the future holds, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see it not get changed. I had the same issue on the EUW server as well.

Sandmahn

06-26-2012

Quote:
I just started this game last night, trying to get familiar with the UI and was starting to enjoy the bot-only games. Log in tonight and have this new restriction in place with no notice or explanation. Spend 10 mintues reading 2 different versions of the manual and find this forum post. Disappointing.

High per Combo

06-26-2012

I bet RonySoar is cute as ****!

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

It happens when there's a high server load; a bot game takes roughly the same amount of resources to run (though it might be a bit more/less in areas, such as not needing to communicate with other players, but it needs to actually run the bots).

It'll be back to normal eventually.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

Quote:
There are several reasons they will never make a client side bot game, though the only one I remember off the top of my head is that it would open up a lot of the server code to the public making it vulnerable to hacking attempts.