Placement Matches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bliiiitzed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

So here's my question- why do we have placement matches?

The thing is, is that why should our first games be so devastating to our elo? Why can't it be the normal +12 or -12? What's the entire reasoning behind having placement matches. You can either go on an unlucky streak and lose placement matches until your far below 1200 elo, or vice versa where you can go on a lucky streak and win all your placement matches, placing you at an elo where you don't truly belong.

Is this supposed to get your "true elo" because from I've seen, all it does is put an enormous amount of pressure to do well and make some people go into the wrong elos, whether they had bad teams, or they got carried.

tl;dr- why do some ranked matches count for more than others?

atrumpec

06-26-2012

forces ppl to duo q

WILL SMlTH

06-26-2012

those matches are there to force u premade and win.

BetesBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

Why play matches to determine what is *supposedly* your skill level?

The idea of placement matches is smart, but it has lead to an ELO region around 1200 where some people can not get above because they are playing with people who are new to the competetive game of ranked.

Also, if you have a better suggestion I'm sure Riot would be glad to hear it.

Bliiiitzed

06-26-2012

keep at +12 or -12 the entire time.

Unlucky streak= stuck in ELO hell
Luck streak= in an elo where everyone is better than you and its not your actual elo.

I know a guy who's platinum, but he's actually quite bad. (but he won most of his placement matches)