An open, heartfelt letter to Riot, Tryndamere, Pendragon, and the LoL community

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 31
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hewligan

06-26-2012

Seriously, they're probably one of the only three companies who are this close with their community. They constantly ask us for input, they keep us updated on projects, they take our ideas and use them in game (Corporate Mundo), when they have downtime, they normally compensate with what they can give us. They support the streamers and competitive community way more than any other company ever does with their games, HELL, they even play rounds of League with us when we ask them to. They organize events, they keep up with our in jokes and memes, they're with us, which not something you can say for 95% of other game companies out there. We don't know how well we have it.

Put down your pitchforks and torches a second before you downvote me and scream at me about fairness, equality, and everyone or no one.

I'm sure that Riot would love to give us all 1000 RP to compensate, but do you know how many legal and business ramifications they'd have to go through if they did that? There's over 32 million registered accounts and millions of accounts logging on each day. To give the equivalent of 8 dollars worth of RP to that many people would piss of a lot of investors in their stock. It'd piss off some of the worldwide partners with Riot who want sales (yes, the "Chinese Overlords.") Like it or not, Riot IS a business. They are in this to make money, just like any other company or store out here in this world. They CAN love us, the community, and still have to make money at the same time without being these dark, unfair, greedy, money grubbing businessmen who hate us. They have to come home from their days to feed their families and please the guys at corporate who are giving them money so they can continue making their game and continue making their profit.

Some people lost some runes and champions they worked hard for and they were probably freaked the hell out that they'd never get it back with all the server issues going around. Riot wanted to give them a sign of goodwill with the 1000 RP saying "we're sorry that that happened, take this as our apology."

Look guys, this is the first miss in A GIGANTIC TON OF HITS that Riot delivered to us. I'd say 90% of the time, they try their best to make us happy, this one of those times were sadly, they can't.

I'm worried that this community is getting a bit spoiled, and the more and more we demand, cry, and want, the less and less Riot is going to open up to us.

That is my biggest fear. I love Riot, I love League of Legends, despite the many irrational forum posts I make screaming about the latest nerf or buff to the champion. I want the mutual working together of the community and Riot Games to flourish and continue, not close up to us thinking they can't spoil us anymore.

To the community, to Tryndamere, Pendragon, and all the folks at Riot Games, I don't want us to break up over this. Can't you guys see they aren't the bad guys? Can't you see we can't always get what we want, whether we're entitled to it or not?

Please don't end a good thing, I beg you all.

EmptyAy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

This forum is full of children, it's nice to see another person who can act like an adult when a whole $7 is involved.

Hewligan

06-26-2012

Bump

Dunkmaster Jon

06-26-2012

$6.50 aint shizz but hoes and tricks

I continue my statement of eat less at McDonalds, save allowance, etc etc.

Case Closed

Bring out the dancing lobsters

Tisaric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-26-2012

You and everyone who upvotes this are the last sanctions of this community that I'm glad to have in here. Riot is genuinely a good company and everything they've done can be compared to other companies and outclass them in every way. I'm glad there are those few that actually know the situation well and I hope to get you guys in game rather than the ones complaining.

grimAuxiliatrix

06-26-2012

I agree OP, the community is really forgetting how much Riot actually listens and cares about their customers. They generally respond quickly to problems and fix it to the best of their abilities. Even Blizzard fails in that area. It's nice to see a company do what they can, even when they can't do it all.

FrankyCentaur

06-26-2012

No thanks. I'm going to keep yelling about it, especially since I lost content and never got compensated, and I continued to get ignored.

valenceo

06-26-2012

agree. community is trash to riot. all they do is ***** and moan. riot shudnt even deal with kids like this

Kaylnaz

06-26-2012

pendragons post made it pretty clear that Riot is run by complete and utter morons

d4l3kcaan

06-26-2012

they give us **** we dont ask for and dont deliver on whats important to us.

1234511 ... 31