High-Level Player, Newbie Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wightraven

06-26-2012

It's about jungling, though more accurately it's about accounts.

I've gone 27 levels into the game and I've only jungled in PVP once. I've done it a few times against bots, but we all know this isn't the same as jungling against real people, or jungling with real people on your team. I own a few jungle champs (Maokai, Hecarim) and I'd like to learn the skill so I can more effectively play in draft and eventually ranked, but I'm unsure of what a safe and effective way to practice it is. Should I just take the plunge and start trying to jungle in PVP? Should I make a smurf account and after I get past the troll levels, try jungling there? If I make a smurf account, am I allowed to use that as a referral, or does that count as fraud?

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Hitmanb0b

06-26-2012

I believe referring yourself is against the rules. Besides that I'd say just watch some junglers, it's not as hard as it seems, just be aware of ganks and try and counter the other teams jungler.

TwistWrist

06-26-2012

I would just take the plunge into PvP.

You might screw up a few times but as long as you learn from it, you'll be fine.

Abysswalker Guts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

I have been trying to jungle too and I find that jungling against bots is ok for learning your routes and testing out if your runes are right for it.

I would suggest starting to jungle in pvp with pre-made parties with friends so it makes it easier to set ganks up and more cooperation.

Making a smurf account will not help you because you wont have the tier 3 runes and masteries that will help you significantly while jungling at level 20 or higher.

Yeah referring yourself is against the rules.

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

what i do when i'm trying out a new jungler is...first make sure they can jungle with the runes u have for them, if u are unable to get to lvl 4 without going back you might want to looking into a diffrent jungler or runes. other then that it is best to just take the dive and go into pvp.

Seasoned Salmon

06-26-2012

Okay, I think you should try in Normal PvP.

The best way to practice jungling is to get together some friends and create a pre made, if possible. Hop on a VOIP program like Ventrilo, Skype or Mumble for ease of communication. Co-ordinate with your teamates and ask them to notify you when the see the enemy jungler or if a certain enemy has left or pushed the lane. You should also try and be aware of this too.

Jungling is not just about farming the neutral creeps and banking. Its about having complete map awareness and a clear idea of whats going on within Summoners Rift. Its like your the pitcher in a baseball team. You control the action and flow of the game and the nature of enemies in lanes. If you are ganking bottom lane constantly and basically babysitting that unwarded bush. You know for a fact. Those enemies will never push or ever engage (In most Cases)

Above doesn't give any info on specifically HOW to Jungle, but more inclined on WHAT to do. If you need more information just drop me a line in game.

Kirielis

06-26-2012

What they said, do it in PvP once you have your routes down. Jungling is one thing that you cannot practice in bots. You will lose, and badly, your first few games. Hopefully you'll start winning a few as you get the hang of it, though.

TitanOfBraavos

06-26-2012

I started jungling after I hit level 30 so it's fine to try in PVP as long as you have tried out the champion itself against bots. What I found to be successful at my low league, is just finding a good player in your team and constantly ganking his lane and helping him snowball. But as I said, I just hit level 30 a few weeks ago so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Shottymaster

06-27-2012

I started jungling at 30 as well, and I started with Lee Sin (with whom I had laned as extensively prior to jungling).

I made a few mistakes but quickly picked up on it. The thing to know is that you WILL suck at it your first few games. As the jungler you need to have perfect map awareness so your buffs don't get stolen, and so that you can help gank lanes or fight off ganks.