Champion selection help please...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Germage

06-26-2012

K im new to LOL but i used to play HON until the player based annoyed me, anyways are there any champions that have the same gameplay as the following HON champions: slither, pollywog priest and draconis? Any response would be really helpful!!

highrez

06-26-2012

I'm not very familiar with HoN, having only played one or two games, but I cannot really find a champion similiar to Slither. I would try Cassiopeia, but Cassiopeia is still pretty different.

Pollywog Priest again doesn't have a LoL counterpart. Mordekaiser has Electric Jolt as his E, Lulu has Morph as her W, Malzahar has a much stronger version of Tongue Tied as his ultimate, and there isn't really anything like Voodoo Wards in LoL.

As for Draconis, I'd suggest trying out Shyvana.

Altogether, you'll find that there is no champion in LoL that is an exact counterpart to a champion in HoN (with the exception of Darius). However, the champions I've listed above bear some similarities.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

I don't believe there are many (or any) champions that feel almost like ports. That said, could you describe a bit about each of them, specifically what about them you enjoy?

Germage

06-26-2012

Well i mostly like slithers warding and dot dmg, i mostly like pollywogs amazingness as a disabler with his toungue tied and morph and lastly with draconis i just love the overall theme of transforming into a dragon

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

Well Shyvana turns into a dragon, and Swain turns into a giant bird-man with their ultimates. Udyr has 4 primal 'stances' (bear/phoenix/turtle/tiger), where if you get the one skin he gains features of the animal in question.

As for the other two, I'll read up on them a bit more, suffice it to say DoT champions: Swain, Cassiopeia, Teemo, and Malzahar. More later once I read up on them.

Germage

06-26-2012

Wow, i just checked out udyr and he was pretty cool... although i really didnt like shyvanna that much, also is there any predominant disabler in this game?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

So a few other thoughts as I go along... might be a bit rambly and oll over the place, so bear with me:

Slither (DoTs and 'wards' - i.e., immobile sources of damage):
- Heimerdinger: Drops immobile turrets that attack nearby foes.
- Cassiopeia: Snake lady that has two DoT abilities and a third ability that is spammable if the target is poisoned.
- That said, he feels like more of an auto attack champion, while the above are AP casters (Int heroes). Possibly an AP champion that uses auto attacks in some way, like Lux, Ziggs, or... I know there are a few more...

Pollywog (disables):
- First, you won't find anyone with his level of disruption, as LoL is much less 'you can lock someone down for eight years' happy. (Not saying anything here, other than long disables are much more prevalent in DotA/HoN.) Moving on though...
- Malzahar's ultimate is a damage/suppression (suppression means you cannot use the Summoner Spell cleanse, otherwise it's basically a stun - the only general way to remove it is Quicksilver Sash, though there are a few champions that have abilities to remove all disables).
- For straight disruption of a single target, I'd say Blitzcrank, even if he is melee. (His Q grabs a target to him, skill shot that hits the first enemy champ/minion or monster (neutral minion), his E resets his swing timer and makes his next attack knock the target up into the air (stun that can't be reduced), and his ultimate silences enemies in the nearby area.
- Janna has a lot of disruption, but it's most easily used as a counter engage, only her slow is targeted. (She also has an area knockup skill shot and her ultimate knocks back nearby enemies and slows them in the area while healing allies.)