An Introduction and Setting Expectations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhiott

10-17-2012

Sounds very interesting, I would like to be part of this

CB iPrime

10-18-2012

Im Very Excited For The New Maps...
Are there any updates on the release date?

-iPrimeHome

ThorsDragon

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVnm View Post
Please fix TT. Just played a game that lasted an hour and seven minutes. We smashed the enemy Darius, Annie, and Temmo early game and were well ahead (over ten kills). My team got both the inside towers and inhibs down but then the enemy just turtled and pulled in all minions to their fontain (farming in process). We were unable to get nexus turret down because of the lack of minions and the Teemo mine field suronding it (Teemo built some ap with all of the his gold so that the mines did lots of damage). We eventually got picked off in a bad ingage and got aced. they proceded to rush our nexus (both turrets and inhibs up) and were able to kill our nexus while we were still waiting for respawn (about one minute repawn timer at that point). The game should have been over at the very most 30 minutes, but because of the layout of map Teemo and Darius were able to farm while in their fountain. Please help Nome; you have influence with the rest of the reds and belive it or not people DO play TT.
Dude, turtling is a legit strategy on TT. It requires being adaptive and creative to figure out how to accomplish it, for one, and how to counter it, for another. IT CAN BE COUNTERED. I have not won probably 50% of the games that I have turtled in. If you're fighting a turtling teemo, then oracle's is must. I would also highly recommend a Banshee's Veil, which would also help against darius and annie. Guardian Angel would be an excellent pick for the defensive stats and it's passive. After that, it depends on who you're playing and your individual play style- if you're playing someone like Master Yi, then I would recommend heavy bd-ing items- things like PD, BT, Boots of Swiftness or Mobility, Ghostblade, etc. If you're playing a tank, then FoN would be an excellent idea. Especially if stacked with a Warmog's and a Spirit Visage. Also an Atma's would be nice if your tank is AD. Or Zonya's if your tank is AP. If I had to guess, I would guess that you, nor anyone else on your team, made any changes to your build to compensate for turtling. I believe that this is the problem with people who don't like turtling. It requires changing everyone's "precious meta" that FAR too many people are stuck to like their defending their mother or something. Imo, it's very sad. :/

ThorsDragon

10-19-2012

I love TT!! It is an awesome map for MANY reasons. One of my favorite reasons- it challenges the "meta". TT forces you to be adaptive and creative if you want to be an above-par player. Another reason is just that- there is SO MUCH strategy to TT, and FAR too many people don't appreciate it. There's turtling, and warding, and knowing when and where to juke, etc. etc. etc. The list goes on. And I love it!!

So as far as TT goes- keep it. Don't replace it, just update the graphics- which would be AWESOME!- and add bots to it. I agree with a lot of other people- that players need to be able to test the waters- whether it be builds, strategies (to the extent possible), or champions.

Thank you for supporting the TT community!!!!!