Tribunal is lose-lose system.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
Here's point 2:

Tribunalers don't read the entire chat log to determine the context of what happened in the game.

They scan through the purple chat to see if your "attitude" was positive or negative (I can show you hard empirical evidence of this if you doubt it).
I'm betting that "empirical" means "anecdotal" to you.

Quote:
Guess what?

Odd are your attitude is going to be negative when your entire team is trolling and baiting you all game.
I just had a match where I was angry at my team the whole time. Guess what? I managed not to swear at them.

Quote:
Tribunalers simply don't have the time or the evidence to figure out that your sourpuss attitude was fully justified and that you were actually being massively baited and trolled.
49% pardon rate says you're wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerruba

Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
Here's point 2:

Tribunalers don't read the entire chat log to determine the context of what happened in the game.

They scan through the purple chat to see if your "attitude" was positive or negative (I can show you hard empirical evidence of this if you doubt it).

Guess what?

Odd are your attitude is going to be negative when your entire team is trolling and baiting you all game.

Tribunalers simply don't have the time or the evidence to figure out that your sourpuss attitude was fully justified and that you were actually being massively baited and trolled.
As somebody who has looked over a number of cases myself, I actually do read at least some of the green and some of the red as well to see what the conversation is. That being said, "they started it" is not a compelling argument to show that you're innocent. "I'm ending it," however, is. There certainly have been cases where I've seen people being pretty ruthless that I'm not judging--I usually just hope that they get sent to tribunal as well, which, if they continue to act that way, they will. Blaming others for your actions just demonstrates that you probably deserved the punishment, but you haven't learned from it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
So you admit that the system is not designed to stop player harassment, but to police player behavior?

Finally a red admits it.
My god.... your reading comprehension....He stated that you can get reported for other reasons beside harassment, and things that you think "aren't harassment" can be seen as harassment to other people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

underdevelopment

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
So you admit that the system is not designed to stop player harassment, but to police player behavior?

Finally a red admits it.
Did you miss the, like, 5 posts rebutting your arguments about the Tribunal, in favor of going back to an earlier statement to try and twist someone's words to fit your agenda?

Do you have any arguments, or are you just here to make up incorrect facts and tell us all about how you go 1-10 as Sion regularly?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
That's not correct.

They scan the purple text only and don't care about the context of your behavior.


If you're "raging out" you'll get banned, even if it's just 1 game out of 1000 and the rage was fully justified because you took 20 minutes worth of unjustified **** from your team.
Okay post your evidence you said of this? Cause apparently you got secret info which us regular players don't have.

Like I said before if your raging isn't at the same level of the people harassing you then you will get pardon most likely, if you didn't start it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TBJack

Senior Member

06-28-2012

It's pretty obvious at the point that your view of the Tribunal is more about your gut reaction than actual data, so there's no real reason to argue with you.

In the interest of ****s and giggles, however I would like to see this hard empirical evidence (it sounds so dirty).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theshim

Senior Member

06-28-2012

And yet again, I'm baffled that people still want to claim the onus of maturity is only and always on the people being attacked.

What, precisely, is wrong with Riot attempting to bring some accountability into the mess? What is the problem with requiring some maturity, not only from the people being flamed and trolled, but from the people doing it themselves? Why does the completely repulsive and offensive jerk get a free pass because "you can ignore them", especially when it's in Riot's - and our - power to make maturity something everyone should have?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

underdevelopment

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBJack View Post
In the interest of ****s and giggles, however I would like to see this hard empirical evidence (it sounds so dirty).
My guess would be that he links to some Anti-Tribunalist rant (from someone who has no idea how it works) where they claim to always spam punish (funny how the people who say its broken don't see anything wrong with participating in the breaking)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathCrunch

Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulanopo View Post
I'm betting that "empirical" means "anecdotal" to you.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2247912

Game 1: "Player has a horrible attitude". Nobody took the time to figure out that it was a 4-man premade trolling him.

They held him hostage for 40 minutes, baited him into initiating, and then flamed him when he died.

They harassed him for 40 minutes and ruined his day.

But now that he's on the receiving-end of a Tribunal case, he's become a pariah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

underdevelopment

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshim View Post
And yet again, I'm baffled that people still want to claim the onus of maturity is only and always on the people being attacked.

What, precisely, is wrong with Riot attempting to bring some accountability into the mess? What is the problem with requiring some maturity, not only from the people being flamed and trolled, but from the people doing it themselves? Why does the completely repulsive and offensive jerk get a free pass because "you can ignore them", especially when it's in Riot's - and our - power to make maturity something everyone should have?
In the mind of a troll, anyone who reacts at all to an insult is "weak" and has "mental issues" because they are responding to an anonymous stranger.


The fact that they are supporting the right for people to be ginormous ass-holes to each other over a freaking video game, is completely lost on them and to them saying "you are bad noob" is the epitome of maturity and free-speech and must be protected.