Tribunal is lose-lose system.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
Human beings have the ability to reason. Here's some for you.

Random joe thinks you suck at league of legends. He says," OMG Shiister so noob! GG, worthless player throws the game!"

It's at this point you have a choice.

1) Be butthurt about it. Take what he said deeply into your heart and let it affect you. Report him after game so that mommy can put him in timeout.

2) Realize that random joe is someone you'll never meet that knows nothing about you outside of this 30 minute game. Laugh to yourself about that and /ignore him if he continues. Feel like an adult because you acted like one.


The choice is always yours to act like an adult. After that game, you'll never have to see that player again. It's up to you to decide whether you're going to be a child and run to mommy, or be an adult and play the next game to win.
Depends on if that the only thing he says during the game, if it is then I probably forget about it at the end of the game and move on, but if he says more stuff then I will report him cause his behavior is in violation of the Summoner's Code and I wouldn't want others to play games with a toxic player as him.

I have the choice to better the community, do I not report someone for a game he ruin for me, but let him possibly ruin other games with his behavior? I rather be "butthurt" as you say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero THM

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongrinder View Post
Spoiler alert! You can report people and not be butthurt about it at the same time!
Of course you can! Just like when you were little when you told mommy that little jimmy called you a "stupid poo-head" it wasn't because he was being mean to you, no, it was because he said "poo" and that's not allowed.

Oh yeah, you're so right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

06-28-2012
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
Human beings have the ability to reason. Here's some for you.

Random joe thinks you suck at league of legends. He says," OMG Shiister so noob! GG, worthless player throws the game!"

It's at this point you have a choice.

1) Be butthurt about it. Take what he said deeply into your heart and let it affect you. Report him after game so that mommy can put him in timeout.

2) Realize that random joe is someone you'll never meet that knows nothing about you outside of this 30 minute game. Laugh to yourself about that and /ignore him if he continues. Feel like an adult because you acted like one.


The choice is always yours to act like an adult. After that game, you'll never have to see that player again. It's up to you to decide whether you're going to be a child and run to mommy, or be an adult and play the next game to win.
Just because people can deal with it doesn't mean that they should have to. Also, our Summoners are not all adults. Also, I'm not sure why you refuse to accept that people can send reports for reasons other than "I am crying to Mommy." If a player is verbally abusing any player in game, whether it's me or not, I ask them to stop, and will report repeated harassment. I assure you that I'm not butthurt that somebody else is being made fun of.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irongrinder

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
Of course you can! Just like when you were little when you told mommy that little jimmy called you a "stupid poo-head" it wasn't because he was being mean to you, no, it was because he said "poo" and that's not allowed.

Oh yeah, you're so right.
*Shrug* You can imply that I'm childish all you'd like, but the fact remains that the majority of online games have a reporting system when players get bullied. Are the game developers who make those games catering to carebears?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathCrunch

Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Just because people can deal with it doesn't mean that they should have to. Also, our Summoners are not all adults. Also, I'm not sure why you refuse to accept that people can send reports for reasons other than "I am crying to Mommy." If a player is verbally abusing any player in game, whether it's me or not, I ask them to stop, and will report repeated harassment. I assure you that I'm not butthurt that somebody else is being made fun of.
Here's the problem with the entire logic of the Tribunal:

Judges cannot see video replays of the game and cannot see the endgame stats.

But they're being asked to distinguish between "these players did not like you" vs "you harassed these players."

It's totally possible for LOTS of people to want to report you...but you WERE NOT harassing them.

Being disliked =/= harassing others.

It's literally impossible for people to distinguish these things in Tribunal cases.

I've never harassed another player in my entire LoL career, yet here I sit permabanned.

Every time I've been reported in LoL, it's because I was the one being harassed by somebody trying to abuse the report system in order to get me banned.

And guess what?

These are the trolls running the game, calling the shots, and getting away with murder.

Look up any of the games I got reported for on my main account and you'll see at least 10 minutes of verbal abuse by the person who led the report campaign against me.

The Tribunal does nothing but add insult to injury.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

06-28-2012
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
Here's the problem with the entire logic of the Tribunal:

Judges cannot see the actions in the game, cannot see the endgame stats, etc.

But they're being asked to distinguish between "these players did not like you"

vs

"you harassed these players."

It's totally possible for LOTS of people to not like you...but you WERE NOT harassing them.

That's the problem.

Being disliked =/= being harassed.

It's literally impossible for people to distinguish these things in Tribunal cases.

I've never harassed another player in my entire LoL career, yet here I sit permabanned.

Every time I've been reported in LoL, it's because I was the one being harassed and I stopped putting up with it like a child.

That is all.
The Tribunal shows you the full game chat log and endgame stats. Have you ever looked at it? It also shows a series of games - if one group of players don't like you, that's one game, but the other games will have a different group of players. If you're doing something that's creating a negative experience for so many other players, you'll likely get a group of players voting punish. The people voting on the tribunal will be looking at the same chat you're citing as "10 minutes of verbal abuse by the person who led the report campaign" and will be able to see the difference.

There are reasons other than harassment to be reported and punished, and you may want to consider the reality that things you consider "not harassment" may be less tame than you imagine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero THM

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongrinder View Post
*Shrug* You can imply that I'm childish all you'd like, but the fact remains that the majority of online games have a reporting system when players get bullied. Are the game developers who make those games catering to carebears?
Since when is "Noob" considered bullying? Or "Bg xxxx is trash player." Or any of that? In fact, I challenge that there is no real way to actually bully anyone on LoL. If someone says something you don't like, /ignore them. Boom, done. If they send you a friend request afterwards and you accept it only to find them cursing you, delete it. Boom, done. It's actually kind of impossible to bully someone, unless they're allowing it, which in turns makes it some sort of weird masochism.

And since we're now referencing other competitive online games, let's analyze that. When was the last time you heard about someone's Xbox Live or PSN accounts being banned for "verbal abuse" on the same lines as "noob" and "trash player" (which will get you banned in lol) ?. Because this is a constant in games like Battlefied 3, Halo Reach, and of course Call of Duty. If this is the example we are going by, then tribunal is FAR out of line to try and punish players for much milder insults.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
Since when is "Noob" considered bullying? Or "Bg xxxx is trash player." Or any of that? In fact, I challenge that there is no real way to actually bully anyone on LoL. If someone says something you don't like, /ignore them. Boom, done. If they send you a friend request afterwards and you accept it only to find them cursing you, delete it. Boom, done. It's actually kind of impossible to bully someone, unless they're allowing it, which in turns makes it some sort of weird masochism.

And since we're now referencing other competitive online games, let's analyze that. When was the last time you heard about someone's Xbox Live or PSN accounts being banned for "verbal abuse" on the same lines as "noob" and "trash player" (which will get you banned in lol) ?. Because this is a constant in games like Battlefied 3, Halo Reach, and of course Call of Duty. If this is the example we are going by, then tribunal is FAR out of line to try and punish players for much milder insults.
My friend account got banned in RL for trash talking, hes play on PS where its F2P for the Internet and to play on the PSN. Want to try another argument?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
The choice is always yours to act like an adult. After that game, you'll never have to see that player again. It's up to you to decide whether you're going to be a child and run to mommy, or be an adult and play the next game to win.
I'd just like to point out that if you aren't actually intentionally feeding or spewing profanity or w/e and that the guy is reporting you for nothing, then the occasional report won't get you in trouble. Heaven knows I've had the occasional game where I'm reported for "feeding" when in reality I was having a single bad game (I keep a tight lid on language and insults, and even when I do get upset my replies would be considered by most to be extremely tame). Not a single warning or ban, and I'm not concerned or afraid I'll get one.

My theory is you're upset because you know the community doesn't like this but rather than just shut up over it, you wanna still be able to do it. Thus, you whine and imply everyone who reports for any reason are 3-year-olds "running to mommy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
And since we're now referencing other competitive online games, let's analyze that. When was the last time you heard about someone's Xbox Live or PSN accounts being banned for "verbal abuse" on the same lines as "noob" and "trash player" (which will get you banned in lol) ?. Because this is a constant in games like Battlefied 3, Halo Reach, and of course Call of Duty. If this is the example we are going by, then tribunal is FAR out of line to try and punish players for much milder insults.
Nice choices there. Xbox Live and PSN are notorious for their nasty communities and where the "12 year old screaming into his headset about how good he is at a random game" stereotype came from.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
Here's the problem with the entire logic of the Tribunal:

Judges cannot see video replays of the game and cannot see the endgame stats.

But they're being asked to distinguish between "these players did not like you" vs "you harassed these players."

It's totally possible for LOTS of people to want to report you...but you WERE NOT harassing them.

Being disliked =/= harassing others.

It's literally impossible for people to distinguish these things in Tribunal cases.

I've never harassed another player in my entire LoL career, yet here I sit permabanned.

Every time I've been reported in LoL, it's because I was the one being harassed by somebody trying to abuse the report system in order to get me banned.

And guess what?

These are the trolls running the game, calling the shots, and getting away with murder.

Look up any of the games I got reported for on my main account and you'll see at least 10 minutes of verbal abuse by the person who led the report campaign against me.

The Tribunal does nothing but add insult to injury.
Like how you changed your orginal post to try and play the victim lol, too funny.