Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Tribunal is lose-lose system.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
DeathCrunch:

If there were concrete rules, then you would get an email stating: "You were suspended because you took action X in violation of rule Y."

But alas, this is not the case.


Go ahead and try to make a set of concrete rules that can be used for each and every Tribunal case out there.

I'd say it is nearly impossible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zydoll

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
DeathCrunch:
zydoll, i'd vote to ban you because you're a troll.


I'm a troll for pointing out that you have the same writing style as someone in second grade? I wasn't aware that was what made someone a troll. Very interesting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathCrunch

Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
theshim:
a) CONTEXT MATTERS, and b) TRIBUNAL IS NOT A GAME OF CHANCE.


1. Context obviously does not matter, as there's almost no context in which to make a decision.

True context would be, "Here's the chat log of this game. The players with highlighted text were reported. Determine what level of punishment each player should have."

Then, players would be forced to analyze the context rather than go, "Nurr me don't like purple text ban."

2. If I'm reported 4x more than the next guy, I'm 4x more likely to be suspended.

So it is, in fact, a game of chance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathCrunch

Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
SimplyAlive:
Go ahead and try to make a set of concrete rules that can be used for each and every Tribunal case out there.

I'd say it is nearly impossible.


It's easy, you'd just lose your banhammer power.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
DeathCrunch:


2. If I'm reported 4x more than the next guy, I'm 4x more likely to be suspended.

So it is, in fact, a game of chance.


No, you are not.

You forget one pretty important factor:
Your own behaviour.

Quote:
DeathCrunch:
It's easy, you'd just lose your banhammer power.


Go ahead. Do it. Prove me wrong.
I have little to none power anyway, so if you can improve the system with unambiguous guidelines that account for every possible scenario out there, that isn't a bad thing.

I'll even write you an apology and admit I was wrong!

So go ahead and make my day!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathCrunch

Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
zydoll:
I'm a troll for pointing out that you have the same writing style as someone in second grade? I wasn't aware that was what made someone a troll. Very interesting.


1. Derailing thread.

2. Ad hominem attacks.

3. etc. etc.

4. /yawn


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LawGiver500

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
DeathCrunch:
1. Context obviously does not matter, as there's almost no context in which to make a decision.

True context would be, "Here's the chat log of this game. The players with highlighted text were reported. Determine what level of punishment each player should have."

Then, players would be forced to analyze the context rather than go, "Nurr me don't like purple text ban."

2. If I'm reported 4x more than the next guy, I'm 4x more likely to be suspended.

So it is, in fact, a game of chance.



Deathcrunch why did you skip 4 valid points just to attack the opp. ed.?
In Theshim's post?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathCrunch

Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
SimplyAlive:
No, you are not.

You forget one pretty important factor:
Your own behaviour.



Go ahead. Do it. Prove me wrong.


Ceteris paribus, I am 4x more likely to be banned.

In plain English:

Summoner A and B have identical chat logs.

Summoner A gets randomly grouped with trolls and is mass reported.

Summoner B gets grouped with angels and is rarely reported.

Summoner A is sent to 4 Tribunal, Summoner B is sent to 1.

Summoner A is 4x more likely to be banned.

"Perception" is distributed randomly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theshim

Senior Member

06-29-2012

Quote:
DeathCrunch:
Ceteris paribus, I am 4x more likely to be banned.

In plain English:

Summoner A and B have identical chat logs.

Well that's one whopper of an assumption!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

06-29-2012

*sigh*

I give up. This brick wall is impossible. 4x the reports is not 4x the chance of getting suspended. You lack knowledge of the system.