The Rune Combiner...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeddyMonsta

06-26-2012

Can anyone tell me if they actually EVER use the rune combiner? I've only used it once and that was when I was level 16 or something. It's not very useful for those of you who don't know what it is, but check it out because it's somewhat interesting.

Rune Combiner:
Step 1 - Go to your runes pages
Step 2 - Look at the bottom right corner, there should be a "recycle"-like symbol
Step 3 - Click it!

Ta da! You're at the rune combiner. Basically what you do is, you can put two runes in and get a random one back of the same tier, if you put 5 in then you get a rune back of higher tier. It really a waste of IP and runes because it never really gives you anything good and it would be easier just to buy the runes you wanted.

Hopefully Riot will update the rune combiner or remove it since new players are probably wasting their IP on it.

TeddyMonsta

06-26-2012

Bump?

JustPure

06-26-2012

When you have boatloads of IP laying around(Never)

-OR-

When you have useless Tier 2/3 runes

TeddyMonsta

06-26-2012

Bump?

TeddyMonsta

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPure View Post
When you have boatloads of IP laying around(Never)

-OR-

When you have useless Tier 2/3 runes
Eh, still a pretty useless tool

JustPure

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Alien View Post
Eh, still a pretty useless tool
Pretty much

SirChuckNorris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

Its another half baked idea which they won't fully support and therefore it is horrible with 1 exception:
If you bought runes while leveling up, take the 5 tier 1 and get a tier 2. Again, at lvl20 ditch the tier 2 for tier 3.
The best runes aren't even available as a chance to get even though it won't tell you that. But you can certainly get the Secondary runes which are so freaking bad its a joke.

Desastrado

06-26-2012

Someone made some math once and actually you can get more runes by buying low level runes and using the rune combiner, than buying the actual runes from the store.
Of course you had tons of random runes, but if that is your objective is actually worth it.

At least that is what I remember from that person wall of text.

EDIT: Found the thread of that person:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=rune+combiner

Seq

06-26-2012

Definitely don't remove it. I remember not really knowing what runes were and just buying random useless ones. The rune combiner let me just keep combing them to finally get something I could actually use.

Narssisstic

06-26-2012

I turned my tier 2 runes into a handful tier 3, and managed to save myself some IP that way. Keep it.