Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1000 rp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alexgndl

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

With that in mind, I'm gonna go right ahead and hope that Riot really does take this to heart.

Look, I'm gonna go right out and say that even though I would have loved 1000 RP, I don't care about that. I don't care that we get 10-win/day/whatever IP boosts (even though there's no indication on my account that this is the case, but whatever). What I do care about is the incredible lack of communication here about this issue.

A lot of people have made threads about this thing, some reasoned, some little more than "GIMME RPS NAO". Riot hasn't been silent on the forums in the past few days, but nobody had ever, before this thread, posted in a thread about compensation since the original post about those lucky few who got the RP in the first place. It really did seem to me like they were hoping that this would all go away if they pretended it didn't exist, which obviously didn't happen. Now, Riot finally answers. But instead of making a reasoned argument about why or why we shouldn't get the same compensation as everyone else, they give a kind of half-donkeyed excuse and then the real kicker-"This thread is now about dogs."

Come on guys. People are angry here. If you're not going to give everyone the 1000 RP, then at least explain why. A big part of the reason everyone's so mad is because for the past few days, nothing's been told to us about it. You've completely left us in the dark as to what was going to happen, then when you finally come out and tell us no, we're not getting equally compensated, you try and defuse an already bad situation the completely wrong way and make it even worse. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful or anything, don't get me wrong-even though I'm new here, I really love this game and hope to keep playing for a while. But seriously-we need better communication on things like this.

TL;DR-Riot didn't communicate well with us, then made a bad situation worse here.

YouHearThat

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

Did you seriously just said that? If THIS is your best effort on trying make this community happy, then Riot has some serious problems.

Hipnotyk

Recruiter

06-26-2012

I've been having a lot of fun with HoN recently. Mid Wars is quite the rush, and about 5,000 times more entertaining than LoL ARAM. I've also been enjoying the Smite beta, and gave D3 another chance.

For a week and a half LoL has went from my favorite game to just another game I play.

synetria

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

Start by looking up 'equality' in the dictionary. If you weren't going to give it to everyone, don't give it to anyone at all. The PR announcing it was sloppy, the PR announcing how the others wouldn't get it was sloppy, and your server is currently shoddy at best. The three games I was in caused me to disconnect constantly in every game to the point where I was saying screw it. Your 10 win IP boost means nothing to me if it's too **** hard to play the game.

Quote:
Come on guys. People are angry here. If you're not going to give everyone the 1000 RP, then at least explain why.

He basically said "The 0.5% were more inconvenienced therefore they were compensated more than the rest of you."

Rekka777

06-26-2012

BTW! I'd like to add that I'm afraid to even play right now cause the servers are lagging like hell, and have been for about 2-3 hours

Leocano

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
All players received a 10-win boost to apologize for recent instability.
Certain players who had additional problems received additional compensation.

I lost my stuff, showed proof to a desk operator (support ticket), and he REFUSED to give me 1k RP.
Pretty fair, huh? But still, everyone should have 1k RP. I didn't have my stuff but I couldn't play at all.
Proof:

http://i.imgur.com/EOwXS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b8ADv.jpg

Tell me how this is fair.

Foolish Goat

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

The sad thing is, you never change. Each time something happens where Riot doesn't communicate with the community, you simply say "We've learned that we need to communicate better", and then proceed to ignore us again.

This is the most unprofessional ive ever seen Riot act, and thats on top of all the terrible ban posts Pendragon feeds into every day.

TheStrelok

06-26-2012

Well I was defending Riot about their decision regarding the compensation, but after seeing Pendragon's posts, I can't help but think the last week or so has been a massive joke. I'm really, really hesitant to buy PFE or any more RP now. And I WILL be buying DotA 2. Downvote me if you will.

I'm assuming you have reverted your decision to compensate the rest of us?

OniSioN

06-26-2012

Quote:
Sack Uh Nuts:
get a life. get money. grow older. stop crying. ur a baby. suicide. no1 cares. go buy your own rp. kill urself

oh, so mature

Spicy Pepsi

06-26-2012

I made a thread:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26168634#post26168634

im really.. like REALLY interested. do you guys pick which rioter gets the bullet? like riotmixdj did?