1000 rp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7Dayz

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnight View Post
0.5% > 95.5% of players.

Riot's logic.
XD we getting some math all up in this crib!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

epiikk

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.
tl;dr- "we're done talking about it, pen out!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rekka777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-26-2012

If this was about profits though, I would think giving everyone 1K RP would be more beneficial then anything, since there would be lots of people with 1,000 RP or 1,450 RP sitting in their inventory who wouldn't normally buy RP, that would buy that last bit just for PFE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Old Dirty Teemo

Senior Member

06-26-2012

ill give you guys like.... a week to cave... otherwise **** yall. you've been getting worse and worse every month and it seems like your continuing the trend.

maybe ill come back and buy RP when the "eve rework" is done. (i.e. never, i.e. you guys are pathetic for taking like 1.5-2+ years on 1 "rework")


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlowerOfFaces

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I understand why you’re frustrated, but let’s put things in perspective – when you guys experience service interruptions or long queue times, we typically give out IP boosts. We recently gave everyone in North America a 10-win IP boost for these problems which is something that many companies wouldn’t do.

You may feel entitled to the same compensation as the less than 0.5% of North American players who experienced content loss, and if so, we’re sorry to disappoint you.

Right now our focus is to continue to improve the current state of the service and to prevent future incidents from occurring.

This thread is now about dogs.
I never even got an IP Boost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sehdrik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-26-2012

I honestly don't understand why everyone is downvoting the first red to say anything about this subject.

inb4 whiteknight


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shailey

Junior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Dayz View Post
I'M VERY SORRY, but you post is noob and your noob so you should feel really noob. :/
The fact that this has seven likes is severely disappointing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omancer View Post
Yes, you could in fact log in. I logged in plenty of times during the long queue period. Just because you didn't have the time or patience to wait doesn't mean Riot is at fault, or owes you anything for that matter.

The fact that you say you don't know if you suffered content loss makes your argument even more baseless. If you had suffered content loss you would have been given 1k RP. So obviously, you didn't lose anything, therefore you do not and never will deserve the RP. That's the harsh truth buddy. I didn't suffer content loss, so I didn't get RP either. Do I care? No, not at all. Because I am a perfectly reasonable person and understand that things happen. Also that Riot is a business and they can give RP to whoever they **** well feel is deserving of it.
No, I could not in fact, log in. I waited in queue, where it said "3H 37 Min" and well you know, I said "**** it, I'll wait, I can do something else meanwhile" You know what happened when it finally came to the time I should have been able to log in? "Calculating..." Yeah, I could not log in. Just because you were one of the lucky ones to be able to log in does not mean everyone else could.

Really? Have you seen some of the replies on this thread? People who lost content still have not recovered their content nor gotten the 1000 RP, are you stupid or just can;t read?. I never said I deserved RP, in my opinion no one should, but giving out 1000 RP for people who lost content like this is unfair and shouldn't be done. I do agree with that last bit though, Riot is a business and they can give RP to whoever they feel, that does not mean I can't complain or argue about it .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joshua Cross

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Riot tries to be friends with the community.

Community becomes selfish and self-entitled.

Other successful companies tell Riot; "We told you so."

Riot becomes another souless company.

Well done community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JaminBen

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.
First off, kudos for remaining calm and professional in your responses.

Now, since the recent server instability, my profile has been glitched and is not always recording statistics properly. I sent a support ticket in, but was pretty much told "deal with it".

Is there a way to fix this now, or am I to receive some sort of compensation as well?