Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1000 rp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheeto101

06-26-2012

Quote:
shango11:
So Riot where is my 1000 RP after the grief and suffering you caused me the last couple of games where I have people connect and disconnect forcing a 4v5 the whole game? I mean you recovered those runes and **** but I'm still suffering because of your bad service so where is my compensation *****?

Whats sad is that cases like this have actually won in the american legal system and its lead to the complete pussification of american society. Giant labels of "hot coffee" on our coffee and agreements and lawyers everywhere.

What a ****ing joke.

Stardust MZ

06-26-2012

Also, quit dodging the question and make a statement.

Is the community that had to put up with the terrible servers and ques getting the RP they deserve or not?

MrBain

Recruiter

06-26-2012

Pendragon-"Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Malizio

06-26-2012

At this point, as bad as it sounds, they can easily just blow everything over if they cave and give the 1000 RP to everyone, or take it away from the few that already have it.

Hate to say it really, but Riot handled the situation very poorly.

ƒ Shepherd Book

06-26-2012

Quote:
Luxuraiara:
The community is pissed. If I were you I'd be looking for job openings right about now.

You mean the community is pissing itself with a problem that it'll forget about as soon as the login queues are gone. Seriously, shut up and play a game. If you waiting on the queue, go do something else. There are better things to do than harass Riot, especially since we already got compensation.

You're like an older sibling complaining because your younger sibling went to the ER for falling off their bike and got ice cream and now you think you deserve ice cream .

Peritoneum

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I understand why you’re frustrated, but let’s put things in perspective – when you guys experience service interruptions or long queue times, we typically give out IP boosts. We recently gave everyone in North America a 10-win IP boost for these problems which is something that many companies wouldn’t do.

You may feel entitled to the same compensation as the less than 0.5% of North American players who experienced content loss, and if so, we’re sorry to disappoint you.

Right now our focus is to continue to improve the current state of the service and to prevent future incidents from occurring.

This thread is now about dogs.

I can't help but think that maybe it was better if Riot remained silent. The entitled whiny brats were already calming down, this whole thing of 1000RP for everyone would vanish in less than a week and people would move on. Now there's bound to be a storm for at least one day with minor tribulations for a week.
Mostly agree with your course of action.
Also, nice dogs.

krpy

Recruiter

06-26-2012

Quote:
Luxuraiara:
The community is pissed. If I were you I'd be looking for job openings right about now.

like this guy said right here most of the community is pissed all but them lucky 0.5% they are all dandy with all there content and there free 1000 rp for nothing. for real RIOT your gonna give people who had missing content "while the servers where nearly impossible to get on" free stuff while everyone gets a 10-win ip boost for something that happened almost a week before? tell me how this makes sines.

SSJKarlMalone

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

So basically someone derped and started giving out 1k RP to people with content issues without realizing that it was way too much for temporarily losing content during what was essentially server downtime anyway. And now the problem become you can't take it back after its been given out, but it would hurt sales too much to give it to everyone.

People are angry because the value of the compensation clearly does not match the problems experienced by the players (as evidenced by how many would happily give up their content for a few days for that much RP). No one would be upset if they had given the players with additional issues another IP boost or like 100-200 RP.

DageRage

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

make it equal riot...2200 something ip does not compare to 1000rp at least give 6300 ip or heck even 4800 would do good 2200 ip wont lift a muscle in cheecks and mouth.

Chase Dotters

06-26-2012

yes, of course I'll believe that he will read every post in this thread. lol.