Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1000 rp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incrusio

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

Alright take this to heart then: Next time open with a statement like this and don't treat the entire community like one of your ban topic victims.

Flexiglass

06-26-2012

This thing in its entirety is a complete blunder by riot.

I mean honestly, did they not expect this kind of backlash when they gave out 1000RP to a few summoners?

BeQuickOrBeDead

06-26-2012

Quote:
bledwhite:
Not beneficial to address each point individually (especially those on fairness) because you are unable to, right?

Come, prove me wrong please, Riot.

THlS

xReichsfuhrer

06-26-2012

get a life. get money. grow older. stop crying. ur a baby. suicide. no1 cares. go buy your own rp. kill urself

BigProoF

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2287484

Luxuraiara

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:

The community is pissed. If I were you I'd be looking for job openings right about now.

krpy

Recruiter

06-26-2012

Quote:
Goatleaf:
they wont give RP to everyone because it is too expensive for them.
logic wins.

how is it expensive if its digital money that they them self's make? honestly think before you speak

Hawkeye

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:

No offense, but over and over from Riot we've been hearing the phrase, "We'll learn from this experience." And yet nothing is changing with regards to how situations like this are handled. The recent 34% fiasco and now this 1000 RP compensation shows that you guys aren't really learning. You're repeating the same mistakes.

So while it's great that you are reading and taking every word to heart, at some point you have to start acting on it.

Cryswar

06-26-2012

Quote:
Nibb:
Sorry Pen, I won't be buying PFE because of the combination of your two posts in this thread. If you check my account you'll see I've spent over $1000.00 USD already, so it's pretty believable that I was going to buy it. My reasoning is simple, to put it simply, your attitude just wasn't very professional. The 10 win IP boost wasn't for all the recent issues of the server, it was given to us before all the major problems occurred. Don't get me wrong, there were problems a week ago as well, but they've gotten worse and have been prolonged for awhile now.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not demanding for free RP, but the lack of sincerity in your reply left much to be desired. I felt as if you guys never discussed compensation and you rushed to reply in this thread. Compensation can be rewarded in many ways other than RP, even if it's just tossing a free rune page at everyone.

My point is, your reply was on the level of trolling, and when you're discussing such an important thing with the community right now, it just seemed incredibly wrong. You pretty much gave everyone who supported riot a slap in the face.

I've only spent ~400 over my two accounts, but otherwise my position is identical to this guy. I would obviously -like- 1000RP but my big issue is the sheer unfairness and Pendragon's hilariously terrible PR disaster.

LGD Frokid

06-26-2012

Lol. Using this as a learning experience.
Dragon talks as if it has all been solved and he is talking about something of the past.
Problem still here, riot managing this problem horribly, people getting rewarded for complete bs
Riot needs to get off their asses and do something about this