Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1000 rp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deatsu

Recruiter

06-26-2012

It's funny because, you know, servers are experiencing problems for almost 10 days now.
10 win ip boost lasts for what? 1 or 2 days maybe.
How about the other 8 days with the login problems? (also dash skils glitching, baron pentakilling, etc)

We deserve some RP, or a few more boosts (... actually, by a few I mean 30~40 LOL)

Giving 1k RP for those who temporarily lost their runes/champs was an impulsive thing, was something like
"OMG MORE PROBLEMS, THROW SOME RP AT THE ONES WHO GOT ****ED HARD SO EVERYONE WILL SHUT THE **** UP"
Bad choice. Now EVERYONE is crying about the 1k rp.

ˆ0ˆ

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I understand why you’re frustrated, but let’s put things in perspective – when you guys experience service interruptions or long queue times, we typically give out IP boosts. We recently gave everyone in North America a 10-win IP boost for these problems which is something that many companies wouldn’t do.

You may feel entitled to the same compensation as the less than 0.5% of North American players who experienced content loss, and if so, we’re sorry to disappoint you.

Right now our focus is to continue to improve the current state of the service and to prevent future incidents from occurring.

This thread is now about dogs.

I can't remember last time this type of server problem happened to any big gaming companies either.

Stinglock

06-26-2012

Quote:
Bazlyn:
I do have to say that the whole "This thread is now about dogs" attempt to deflect the issue comes across as more than a wee bit condescending.

Deflect the issue?
There is no issue in this thread other that someone expecting compensation in the form of 1000RP. He was answered, reasons provided, did you miss it?

No serious or logical discussion could come from this and the dogs comment was to show how nothing constructive can come from a rage thread like this. Notice the posts? People venting, people telling them to get over it, see how long it's gone on for?

Catching on are we?

EcksTeaSea

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

Are you kidding? Too emotional? I don't understand how you guys don't get it. The people who were lucky enough to log in and see missing content still played with it missing and they get 1000 rp. The people who couldn't log in weren't able to even access ANY of their content. How is it that the people who played with missing things get a pretty decent compensation while the people who couldn't even play get the 10 IP bonus?

mystić

06-26-2012

it was the way you did it Pen. It was incredibly condescending. Yeah sure, a majority of this community is made up of children and/or people who act like children, but to close an issue that has blown up as much as it has by saying, "this thread is now about dogs," thats just plain ignorant dude. You could've worded it so much differently. "We sincerely do apologize for any inconvenience caused by this mess, but considering that only a 0.5% of the community was vastly more affected by the server instability than the other 99.95%, we will not be compensating everyone. Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. We will still keep our eyes out for responses and take to heart everything that is said."

That sounds better than, "sorry you're disappointed, this thread is now about dogs."

7Dayz

06-26-2012

people who got rp and don't want to share: I FEEL SPECIAL :P RAWRRRR NONE 4 U!!!!!!!=0.4%

people who got rp but want others to get as well: i'm not spending this i want my friends to get theirs too. :3 BFFS! =0.1%
people who didn't get rp but want it: everyone or no one its not fair we couldn't even get on!= 89.5%

people who troll people who didn't get rp like them: NA HA! maybe if i agree with roit they'll give me a boost!= maybe 10%?

CloudCarry

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

Our aim is to make people happy. Sometimes we fall short, but that doesn't mean we'll stop trying. There are lots of people in this thread who are making good points, and lots who are making baseless attacks. I believe the subject is too emotional for many people to have a constructive back and forth dialog, so I don't think it would be beneficial to address each point individually, but we'll read every post in this thread, and take every word to heart.

long story short, they got bashed for handing out free rp

now good luck getting any more handouts for the community.

"the community" will be the death of itself.

DavidShepard

06-26-2012

Quote:
MEGAMON69:
Legit, **** you, just give a straight answer and tell us if we're getting the RP or not, thats all anyone cares about, yet all you seem to be doing is ***** footing around it, this issue isnt going to just go away so just tell us already.

He all ready told us. We're not getting it.

He may have posted like an idiot, but at least he's smart enough to back the **** out of the thread when he knows he screwed up as bad as a Riot employee could have.

He's well deserving of the flak he's getting now "this thread is now about dogs" **** right it is...

Stardust MZ

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:

Take this to heart.
The 0.5% and 95.5% were both unable to play.
One side got RP and one didn't.
My money will gladly sit in my wallet.

Dschinghis Khan

06-26-2012

Im ok with people who lost content receiving bonus compesation. After all it is way more frustrating having ur content gone, and even with the server being unstable during the week, a lot of people played some games, but if they had their champs/runes/rune pages gone, they just wouldnt even been able to play some games, since its just impossible to play without runes against people with runes, a good rune set makes a LOT of difference.

Tho, when riot gave us 10w ip boost, it was for the server being unstable during 1 day, then the server proceeded to be going down, having largue queues, etc, during ALL the week. If that wasnt enough, now theres plenty of champions bugged. Lee sin is just impossible to be used right now, other champions like maokai and nocturne will also bug from time to time, so yeah, everyone had and is having way more frustration since almost 2 weeks now.

Wouldn't expect to receive 1k RP, like the ones who lost content. Receiving 10w ip boost for each day the server had would be too much as well, though, at least something like, one more 10w ip boost and 350~500 rp, seens like it would be a good compensation and yet not an overkill.