Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonik187

06-26-2012

Quote:
Tyko:
Newsflash, the people that got the "additional compensation" received the 10 win boost as well.

Newsflash, additional means - in addition to... as in, in addition to the 10 win IP boost. Derp

Anyway, while 1K RP would be great, I would be happy with a double or triple IP weekend once you guys got everything worked out. I miss those

Patofanho

06-26-2012

people who lost runes and everything got everything back, plus 1000 rp, if you guys could never give them the runes they lost i would understand, but thats not the case, and everyone suffered with the server down and loong login queues. Everyone

CleaningMaid2

06-26-2012

Quote:
xAntichrist:
Whatever happened to the logic of: What happens to someone else is not my business?

Okay, some other people got 1000 RP - Did that 1000 RP get taken from you and given to someone else? No. So why do you care? There are people in the world who get welfare that don't deserve it, but I don't see you protesting the government saying you're not going to pay your taxes.

It's actually because of people who did complain about injustice that you end up living in a ''free contry'' bro. If you're dumb enough to not care about what happens to other, then it means you approve that there are billions of people who can't even eat enough to stay healthy and die of hunger. People who are retarded and simple-minded like you are the reason so many injustice happen in our world. You're a shame to humanity. Please never have children.

Reinhart

06-26-2012

Quote:
Pendragon:
I'll close with a final statement.

This was no-doubt a learning experience for us. Were we to do this entire thing over again there are lots of things that we would have changed in how we handled both compensation and communication.

I.E. in the future we won't announce that we are giving some people 1000 rp for losing temporarily losing content during a period of extreme server instability when most players couldn't utilize the content they hadn't lost. Most likely we'll just give them a few more IP boots rather than RP and most importantly, we'll tell them it's conditional upon them not telling anyone.

Stiggy Fulgore

06-26-2012

Quote:
Demonik187:
Newsflash, additional means - in addition to... as in, in addition to the 10 win IP boost. Derp

Anyway, while 1K RP would be great, I would be happy with a double or triple IP weekend once you guys got everything worked out. I miss those

I honestly would love to have more IP instead of just 1000RP. Seems to hold more value seeing as we could just go through match after match and get what we want in the long run. MORE CHAMPS AND RUNES/PAGES

UJustGotLearned

06-26-2012

I would like to know who made this decision. In my previous post i listed the logic side but ill say it again. This was so idiotic and lacked all sense of how businesses work. It was dumb and now they are paying for it with complaints. In another post i pointed out that riot is not doing anything special by compensating for losses, and that even a KFC manager knows that if a customer was missing a leg you give him a coupon and say how sorry you are, and then yell at whoever was filling the bucket. The customer is ALWAYS right. When the customer is wrong somebody just made a big ****ing mistake because it is impossible. I guess they need to head down to the local KFC and take a business course because ill take a small soda over a 10 game IP boost.

LeGustan

06-26-2012

Pendragon you goofed.

Gløry

06-26-2012

As an addendum to my previous statements.., since you promised to read...

Finish the **** stealth rework.

Hell, follow up on ANY rework ever promised--the kayle one changed nothing about her actual playstyle, and only really translated to a nerf to her lategame. This was played up as a huge awesome buff for her, even featuring a journal of justice article about a lifted curse. Haha. Ok. This isn't so much about kayle as a character as it is about Riot's failure when it came to implementing a character rework. It was foretold, then the rioter tasked with it handed it off and then left the company, and the general feeling on delivery was "well, here you go. we made her passive ****. Rework!"

This is the kind of dialogue we get from riot with any change. It's always, "we feel like this change will do x!" in a very upbeat, optimistic kind of tone--but so often, that change doesn't do X. Sometimes it doesn't do anything. You say passive farming is not the game you want, well her heals are STILL strong enough to support it. Taric's heals can't support it, neither can Sona's or Kayle's or Karma's (LOL). So why have this one infinite HP/mana battery? Okay, so a few years back you felt pressured to include a dedicated healer class into your game, and found that it didn't work out so well. Easy solution, change EVERYTHING about Soraka.

Other times, reworks work TOO well. Shen was off the wall OP. Ryze took a little longer to catch on, but yes, same thing there. Build banshee's veil and frozen heart as offensive items, no problem there, right? These two have since been toned down, but the trouble is these changes are presented to us off the bat like they have been thoroughly tested and tweaked, and sometimes they feel like a first pass at numbers. See also, Yorick's roller coaster ride of UP/OP. Where was the playtesting? Release Vayne & release Graves: thanks for all the free elo, but I'd rather have had characters who had been playtested at some point. Did your playtesters all rush Sheen on vayne, as was in vogue on her release? And how come sometimes, characters get hotfixed out of the gate (Leblanc) and others are allowed to have a reign of terror lasting many weeks (Vayne) while being trimmed down a little at a time until they are hardly a competitive pick any longer?

So yeah. Reworks. Few have actually redefined the character from the ground up. Ryze went from being a short ranged burst mage, to being a short ranged burst mage capable of building defensive items for offense. Sivir received a boost in power(range, passive mainly) that allowed her viability at the cost of the reason most people liked to play her (bouncing blades). Jax is the one rework I'd call a success, from the perspective of a non-jax player. I recall many of his fans would consider it a kayle-style rework, where basically you took away his free stat passive and called it a day, but I personally really like the normalizing of his stun. He remains a dominant top lane without RNG woes. Anyway, what I'm getting at by tallying up your reworks is that most of them aren't actually reworks. I'm saying that I hope the new stealth characters are AWESOME.

I'm also saying, fix karma. And by fix karma I don't mean shoehorn her into 0cs support. If she's going to have 6 ranks of regular abilities, make them actually superior to rank 5 of similar abilities. Mantra is a cool idea, but it would be cooler if it was not "mantra to make it BETTER," but "mantra to swap from black to white like Ikargua, with one set being offense and one set being defense." make it changeable on the fly. make it so you won't want to stay one or the other the whole time, but will change as the need arises during battle. This is a far better way of demonstrating the duality of her nature without making her a washed up mishmash of all the supports who isn't allowed to be good without farm, and can't toss out enough actual damage to be a good carry. Also increase her attack range. Just do it.

Go back to the way you sometimes gave sneak peeks for champions far in advance (Leona, Skarner, etc(but best not reveal any concept art early, or else people will whine when it's changed)).

I'd also like to say, grats on adding a pause function to this game. Wow, it's sad that I have to say that.

Hm, more random feedback. I consider Dominion a failure. When I introduce new friends to this game, I never consider trying to rope them in with a Territories map. Especially a super imbalanced one. Focus on cranking out more quality heroes for summoner's rift. Yeah, it'll be hard to balance. Try. If you need help, I am available for hire, you have my resume.

Stop with the Mundo-themed sales. No one likes them.

Add an option to spectate the game my friends are spectating.

I love you, Riot. Just giving honest counsel, Davos Seaworth style.

XElement

06-26-2012

Quote:
mastershakezz:
Well put, this is how I feel exactly. I mean, even after the servers came back up there were 2 hour queue times. I almost never have that long at one time to play, so it was as good as being completely down. I would've much preferred to lose some items and get some RP. It's not like I could play the game to worry about lost items anyway.

If no one received RP, then I'd be fine. If the game was working perfectly, and people lost items then received this RP, then I would still understand. That is not what happened though, and I feel just as "inconvenience" as these players that lost items.

Exactly.
This is a f2p game, I don't think they owe us anything even if it was nearly unplayable for an entire week.
But, everybody was having trouble. Most of us couldn't even play. the ones who stuck through it or just got lucky and got in after that crazy long queue time are lucky. They got to play a bit, even if they had no runes, better than us who couldn't get in because we can't wait the crazy long queue times.

and just as you said.
If the game was working adn they lost runes, then yes...they deserve it.
If nobody got a "gift" for the issue, I wouldn't mind.
But, a group of players did get something while most of us didn't. And as I keep saying...during that time nobody could get in. The players who knew they were missing runes were in the game.

So in my mind...it feels like they are being rewarded for being in the game and missing runes.
While...many of us weren't even able to get into the game but had our runes.

That just seems silly.

Also, I think i posted enough in this thread. And enough repeating myself...so I'll just stop posting in here now.

Im the Arsonist

06-26-2012

Quote:
pendragon:
i understand why you’re frustrated, but let’s put things in perspective – when you guys experience service interruptions or long queue times, we typically give out ip boosts. We recently gave everyone in north america a 10-win ip boost for these problems which is something that many companies wouldn’t do.

You may feel entitled to the same compensation as the less than 0.5% of north american players who experienced content loss, and if so, we’re sorry to disappoint you.

Right now our focus is to continue to improve the current state of the service and to prevent future incidents from occurring.

Edit: Clearly the comment about dogs did not go as intended, so i've removed it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻