top tier junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canuckboss

06-26-2012

ive been thinking of learning a new jungler but most of the junglers out there right now seem outclassed by naut , shyv , mundo , udyr ,noct. Ive thought about maokai but i just dont like his playstyle. Is there anyone as good as those i listed ?

Justus Dominus

06-26-2012

Play Nautilus. He's OP for now.

Taliesin

06-26-2012

I like Malphite, personally. Obviously a situational pick, but he's a godlike counterpick with terrifying post-6 ganks.

Alistar has nigh-unarguably the scariest earlygame ganks of any champion. He can win the game at level 2, if early dominance is your thing.

Amumu has some problems getting started (and needs blue), but if you have a decent level 1 teamfight comp, you can totally get away with picking him. And, as we all know, his ult ends games.

Jarvan functions a lot like Nautilus in that no matter how much farm he gets, his kit and CC ensures that he's always a threat. He can also gank earlier than level 4 without butchering his jungle speed, unlike Naut.

Jax is just as strong a jungler as he is a solo top. If someone's already called top, there's no reason you can't take the champ into the woods.

Lee Sin is still arguable the #1 jungler, if for no other reason than his versatility and mobility are simply retarded. Start anywhere, gank any lane, dive any tower, give 0 ****s. Careful about playing him this patch, though, as his resonating strike can bug out and leave you frozen in space.

Maokai, as you mentioned, is a decent support jungler. He'll never really do any damage, but he has good utility between his free wards, easy gank combo, and teamfight-friendly ult.

Olaf is making a comeback, as people start to realize that his massive 1v1 strength toplane can be applied to invading, counterjungling, and ganking as well. Very few junglers can stand toe-to-toe with this guy. Most simply explode if he so much as looks their way.

Riven has always been (and continues to be) an underappreciated jungler. She has as much versatility as Lee Sin, and trades slightly weaker ganks and mobility for a ridiculously powerful lategame. Really good scaling on this one.

Shaco is still Shaco. A good one dismantles uncoordinated teams like none other.

Shen might not be the fastest jungler out there, but he is incredibly safe. Bonus, he hard-counters level 6 gankers. They have a Warwick, Skarner, Nautilus, etc on the enemy team? Ult when they ult, and turn a gank completely on its head. Shen is cool that way.

Speaking of Warwick and Skarner, both are still fairly viable Junglers. Skarner somewhat moreso. His mana issues aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be, and no one locks down a target as well as the scorpion. Warwick is still Warwick, and his level 6 is a nigh-guaranteed kill every time.

Twitch might sound gimmicky, but have your team help you on Wraiths > Red, get an early kill, and he snowballs like crazy. Invisible ganks are the reason Morello took the fire axe to Eve, and Twitch is no exception to the rule. Invisible junglers pressure all 3 lanes at once, and can win the game by psychology alone.

Finally, Volibear's firmly in the Riven camp. A very competent jungler who's criminally underplayed. He has very good 1v1 matchups and his mini Singed fling + slow make for surprisingly deadly ganks.

Zakkair

06-26-2012

Search up Stonewall008's jungle tier list! It's somewhat accurate.

Canuckboss

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
I like Malphite, personally. Obviously a situational pick, but he's a godlike counterpick with terrifying post-6 ganks.

Alistar has nigh-unarguably the scariest earlygame ganks of any champion. He can win the game at level 2, if early dominance is your thing.

Amumu has some problems getting started (and needs blue), but if you have a decent level 1 teamfight comp, you can totally get away with picking him. And, as we all know, his ult ends games.

i agree with amumu and malph but i really dont like alistar , he does gank well but cant farm efficiently so if you dont get kills he is just a second support your team. Any strong early ganker that can farm better i feel is better in arranged

accuracy1st

06-26-2012

amumu i heard has one of the highest win rates in the game, same with malphite. both can jungle. most amumus purely jungle rarely see them in a lane.

buttros

06-26-2012

Nautilus, Nautilus and Nautilus. And maybe Nautilus.

If you don't have to fear counterjungle, go Amumu. Highest winrate in ranked. Build him AP and solo the enemies endgame.

Skarner is also nice. Less CC than God Nauti but as immortal as him and a "I press r you die" ult like warwick, but with way faster and safer cleartimes and better 1on12 potential.

And of course the tournament picks Nocturne, Mao, Mundo, Alistar. Lee works good in solo queue though he falls off so hard late game. Jax getting more and more popular also.

Canuckboss

06-26-2012

and i have no idea how skarner is cus his mana issues

Light LaserTower

06-26-2012

Naut's jungle is pretty darn slow. He is deff T1 though.

Dirk Divac

06-26-2012

Amumu is super strong if you can land skill shots. His ult alone wins games if you can get all 5 enemy champs in it.

Malphite is rediculous as well. Tanky with decent damage and a nice initiate.

Kayle is fun in the jungle, can start ganking at lvl 2 and her ult allows you to turret dive to secure kills earlier than usual.

Trundle is fun, his kit was made for jungling and he is a great counter pick if they have a super tanky champ on their team (Shen, Rammus, etc.)

Olaf is also fun if you can land his axe.