How to counter fizz.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taximperium

06-26-2012

Hello all, im pretty new to the whole pvp aspect of things and i know im starting late but i was just wondering if anyone has any sure fire ways to counter against fizz. Against most champs i learn and adapt well however overall i do pretty good. Its just today ive been encountering him left and right and just cant seem to get the hang of it. I build mr and i still get destroyed.

I keep getting destroyed by him and i cant outrun him. If i see him its either a) fight or b) run. But if you fight him straight up he destroys you with so much burst and if i run he just catches up to me as if i am not even moving. Its gotten to the point where i see him and i just stand there and try to pop exhaust and ignite and pray i time my spells right. 90% of the time im dead before my 2nd spell gets off.

Idc what i have to do, champ list, builds etc. I am looking for a way to counter him and i want it to be a solid counter. Not just a maybe this or maybe that which is what im constantly hearing. Im trying not to qq but i really wanna punch the sucker who came up with the pole hop move. sigh, well any help would be appreciated.

RockSaIt

06-26-2012

Ryze is a good champion to use against Fizz. His short cooldown and an insta-cast Rune Prison makes him a challenge, if not an outright counter.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

Some things to keep in mind. Fizz can't last hit well under pressure, as he needs to be in melee range to do so. Instant application spells are quite effective against him, as he can't dodge them (and his Playful/Trickster doesn't keep him from taking damage from debuffs). Predict and/or react quickly enough to dodge his ultimate (which is a skill shot). While I've personally done well against him as Swain, I also enjoy playing Swain and don't pick him 'in case I run up against Fizz.'

You're forgetting 'c) kite and poke him as he has no true ranged abilities; he's either in melee range or doing almost nothing.' Certainly he can dash around a lot, but that doesn't make him much harder to hit for most.

I don't suggest playing a specific champion just to counter someone you _might_ find yourself up against. Not only is this simply silly, but it's a bad habit to get into, as you need to learn to deal with matchups you're not fond of.

Now, as for what to do, it's largely going to depend on who you are playing. Do you mind listing a few of the champions you play more commonly where you run up against him? (And is he mid, top, or jungle, and the typical AP or are they playing him something else like AD?)

RockSaIt

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
*insert awesome comment here*
Wow you're so nice

Taximperium

06-26-2012

i tend to play an ad carry style character if i can get away with it. however i at times also like to play a jungler, warwick to be precise.

i tried ashe recently thinking her q slow would help do the trick but really didnt phase him much either.

I recently picked up talon as well since ive always liked him and needed an assassin style char anyway. he seems to do well against him sometimes. One of the most irritating things is when im not in lane with fizz though and he gets to freefarm.

TwistWrist

06-26-2012

Ashe's slow don't do much to gap closers. Fizz has two of them. Harder CC works like snares/stuns/etc.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

I was asking where you ran into him because with the current meta, you'll be more likely to play a certain type of champion. Mid is typically AP champions for instance.

There are plenty of champions that will do well against him, but as I said, you don't want to play a particular champion just in case you run into him.

Taximperium

06-26-2012

sry ran into him at the bottom lane. It was myself trist ad carry and sona against him and ahri.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-26-2012

Mmm yeah, that coudl be a brutal kill lane. With something like that, you want to let your Tristana (quite a late game carry) farm up. As Sona can get away with getting gold items early, the enemy is going to be splitting minion kills, and thus gold. Once you get to 6-8, your Trist's gold advantage should start showing, and your ults would have made it all but impossible for them to engage. Drop some wards in the brush and harass Fizz when he gets in melee range to last hit. (If he's playing as a support, then all he'll have is his disruption with some minor damage, allowing you to focus Ahri later on.)

In that lane I would consider a Quicksilver Sash on Tristana depending on the enemy team, but as they're both mostly magic damage and you can drop the shark and clear the charm, it would be something to consider. (Of course that would be mid game, you still need to make it past early game...)

DetsuhNagol21

02-21-2013

Fizz shuts down Ap casters. So you simply have to play an ad champ. Someone who can take a beating but also dish one out. I've played Xin Zhao against fizz. It worked pretty well. he cant duel you because of your healing, attack speed, and knock-up. and you can jump to him if he tries to dodge away.