So, Ladies and Gents: Some New PBE Champion Info!

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archomental

06-25-2012

Hey there fellow Summoners,

After some recent data-mining, it seems as though we as a community have picked up a VARIETY of new champions who were recently added, in varying levels of file complexity, to the PBE client.

Surrender-at-20 (an EXCELLENT blog) has the latest file collection, but I thought I'd share some of our mutual findings with the GD.

Getting past all of the long file lists, here's the tl;dr version of things:

As many as SIX new champions may currently be in the works, and unless we're much mistaken, our hopes and dreams may be coming true!

First up is DARK_SOVEREIGN, who looks to be the new void champion everybody's been hoping for. With ability files such as Void Ballad, a Nova of some sort, and a variety of other Void-based particle files, here's hoping for a "Kassadin's daughter" kind of thing. May be a dark bard?

Second is DIANA. Diana, to me, finally takes the cat out of the bag on IronStylus' cryptic Moon-based counter to Leona. With files such as Lunari Pulse, Lance, Moonlight Sword, something called Penumbra, and a potential mechanic that "wanes and waxes like the Moon", I'm very excited.

Third, slightly less hefty, is XARA. Xara is, as far as we know, Morello's Plant-mage. With files all over the place relating to Seeds, Twilight-Greens, Thorns, and Vines, I certainly hope something "leafy" is coming.

Fourth, the very opposite of leafy greens, is SETH. Seth is one of a handful of spellings for Set, the Egyptian God of DESERT STORMS, and often considered to be related to darkness, evil, or chaos. In this case the files couldn't be more clear, as they all relate to Sand. Sand Pool, Dust to Dust (ultimate?), Sandstorm_Blind, and a "Ruin_Debuff", I'd theorize that this is a 3rd of Nasus' brood incoming to the Fields of Justice.

Finally, we have a 5th and 6th potential champion. They're called Hexmage and TEEK for now, and are EXTREMELY skimpy on the details. It may be that they're not champions at all, but simply files relating to other champions. However, it is worth noting that Teek looks to be some kind of Stealth champion with a Scent mechanic.

So, there you have it! I hope I was brief enough for you all.

Oh, and in other news, it seems like the skins for Malphite, Jarvan, Karma, and Tryndamere seem to be moving along, as well as a new "Greek" skin in the works for none other than Cassiopeia.

Here's the collection that Surrender-at-20 has assembled. Enjoy!

http://surrenderat20.blogspot.com/20...16238271590115

EDIT: Oh, and one last thing. A theory is rising amongst myself and some other data-miners out there of a Multi-Champion release for the celebration of the 100th champion. This much info in the PBE this early seems a bit extreme in the planning ahead department. Thoughts? Discuss!

AtomicWaffles

06-25-2012

Ty for info

Mikemaximum

06-25-2012

Diana is Kassadin's daughter.

Xara is the nature mage.

Archomental

06-25-2012

You're welcome guys. Figured I'd spread the news around. What do you think of the theory of a multi-champion release at the 100 mark?

Aquodox

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemaximum View Post
Diana is Kassadin's daughter.

Xara is the nature mage.
i would love to learn the lore behind diana. She was trapped in the void but came out with the powers of the moon (sailor moon? >.>)

Bubbles of HK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Oh man. Greek cass, dread knight tryn. I'm most excited for glacial malphite. I wonder if it will have brand new particles.

Aquodox

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archomental View Post
You're welcome guys. Figured I'd spread the news around. What do you think of the theory of a multi-champion release at the 100 mark?

WAIT! MULTI RELEASE! *dies*

Archomental

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquodox View Post
WAIT! MULTI RELEASE! *dies*
Hahaha, well its certainly possible! Riot knows how picky we are with our thoughts on what the 100th will be, and its certainly possible that they chose to simply pick more than ONE. I don't think every champion listed above will be out all at once, but perhaps one or two of these, plus Jayce?

IceFire360

06-25-2012

I believe Seth was once hinted by Ezreal in his Q&A thread when a member asked him about more Egyptian-Based Champions like Nasus and Renekton. It was on lines of a desert dry champion that Ezreal stated.

Ahkamagna

06-25-2012

Good finds..

Hoping for a sneak peek soon, as well as a fix to all these problems with the latest patch.

12345 ... 10