Feeding?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dashinize

06-25-2012

Yea i know this question is a bit stupid, but i hear now and then people complaining that they have a intentional feeder on their team... why on earth would anyone die on purpose? I don't think there is anything to gain by doing that.. is there?

MoreMedz

06-25-2012

There isn't. Some people do this maliciously, in order to make sure that their team loses for whatever reason.

There is never a good reason to feed on purpose. Doing so is clear breach of the Summoner's Code. If someone does it, please report them.

HonorableGeneral

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmares777 View Post
Yea i know this question is a bit stupid, but i hear now and then people complaining that they have a intentional feeder on their team... why on earth would anyone die on purpose? I don't think there is anything to gain by doing that.. is there?
A lot of people will do it when arguments break out among the team. If someone gets increasingly aggravated enough, they'll intentionally feed to throw the match, thus spiting their teammates. While illegal under Summoner's Code, and while it doesn't gain you anything game-wise (you get less IP and XP for lost games), the vengeance that it brings seems to satisfy a lot of people.

BeastlyLambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

Well some people feed in order to get some sort of satisfaction in ruining the game experience to their teammates but most of the time it is just due to the fact they got outplayed or unlucky etc etc. As long as they recognize their mistakes and such it is still really possible to come back from someone "feeding." We had a 0-10 renekton but our bot lane ranged ad was ahead 7 kills and our mid was up 5 so we just had him bait the entire team into attacking and killing him while we aced them. Since he was 0-10 he was worth almost no gold to the enemy team and it put the enemy team in a bad position where we aced them. But this is a very rare case most of the time when people die teammates get mad and call them "feeders"

TornSpirit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

There are literally only three situations where you want to die intentionally.

Split pushing; if you split push up to their inhibitor, and take an extra second or so to make sure that their inhibitor dies even though you die, in many cases this is definitely worth it. Not only does it force them to defend their base, it makes for a nice distraction.

Stealing objectives; flashing into the enemy team at baron and stealing baron then dying could POTENTIALLY be worth it, depending on how your team uses baron. If the enemy team 5v4's your team then proceeds to win your game, it obviously wasn't worth it, but if your team uses baron to defend and push back, or win a subsequent teamfight, your sacrifice will be noted.

Suicide Karthus; a fairly gimmicky strategy that actually works decently if executed properly. Karthus' passive means that after death, you're rooted to the place you died and get to cast your spells for free for a period of time. Essentially, you build as much ability power as possible, banzai charge into the enemy team and have your team force the enemy to fight on your body, which lets you deal ridiculous amounts of damage EVEN AFTER YOU'VE DIED. Revive teleport Karthus became fairly notorious, as you suicided into the enemy team, did as much damage as possible, then revived, teleported to the closest possible thing near a teamfight, and repeated all your damage over again.

Anyway, 'intentional feeding' in the conventional sense is just to grief others. Say there's a huge argument, and someone just decides to give up. They could literally run over and over again into the enemy team to quicken the game.

MerlinTheGreater

06-26-2012

yolo

OriginalJack

06-26-2012

Usually when people complain about having a feeder on their team it won't be an intentional feeder. If it were an intentional feeder both teams should be able to see it. It's more often that the person is just bad.