Would you like an unofficial Dominion ELO?

Yes 61 70.11%
No 26 29.89%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Like An Unofficial ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
we already have pseudo-ranking in lolcave and its useless.

the reason i say it'll be shut down is that the dominion community has a way of going overboard with elo every time we get access to it. with no dodge penalty, as soon as u have a quantifiable number to attach to someone and say "he's unskilled because his elo is X and mine is X+100", we'll be back to square 1 with dodgers and the whole 9 yards.

maybe when we finally get a dodge penalty this will be possible but until then, any sort of elo system in a mode without a normal and a ranked mode to separate casuals from hardcore players is toxic to the community.
Dominion had about 174k Elos on lolmatches.
SR Normals had 1.3 million. I think we're a drop in the sea.

Phourc

06-26-2012

I'm goanna vote no - Giving LoLcave my wins/losses gives a number 160 Elo below where I was when the latest patch hit.

I'm sure you could get it a little closer working from my last seen Elo but it's just going to get further and further from the actual value ):

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

I was not aware of lolcave. That's for sure.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

winloss doesn't give you enough information... don't need people to get high and mighty because of bad data.

DiscworldDeath

06-27-2012

BTW, Feedski, you might want to talk to Gabrola. Lolmatches can actually know who's playing in a premade, with whom.

Catnium

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onisnake View Post
I think elo is not needed. At this time it would be better if people play to play, rather then to get a number. until ranked is out I would like to see more draft, more actual team play, or even new meta or champions. The number gets in the way
I do not agree i personally think a visible elo rating will promote players to invest time in trying to learn the game better to increase their elo
Once a player notices that his elo is dropping dramatically he might think to himself ,hmm maybe i need to learn this dominion mode a bid better or hmm i should increase my skills and that player will start to read up on both dominion and its meta and his champs and how they differ in dom con-paired to sr and stuff.

right now there is to many people that just run around trying to cap points and not really using the map the minions to siege capture points nor set up ganks in the fog or bushwhack.

Currently most people just view Dominion as a fast an eazy way to farm ip test builds and wat not with out any penalty's because hey , it dues not effect your sr elo nor dues it have its own ( at-least not visible) elo

Digikid13

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
BTW, Feedski, you might want to talk to Gabrola. Lolmatches can actually know who's playing in a premade, with whom.
Can you add me and PM me in game I have a few questions to ask. I was going to be the one who would be programming this and wanted to ask about the data from lolmatches.

DiscworldDeath

06-27-2012

Dunno when I'll be on NA next, but sure.