Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like an unofficial Dominion ELO?

Yes 61 70.11%
No 26 29.89%
Voters 87 .

Would You Like An Unofficial ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khoawala

06-25-2012

Winning is fun, end of story.

HaIfhearted

06-25-2012

I'm up for elo, but it has the be my *actual* elo, but some guesstimate.

In other words, either Riot gives us ranked, or someone finds a hole in the new elo blind.

AlphaFerric

06-25-2012

I'm the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't mind just seeing where I place %wise in dom win/loss ratio. This could give me a relative idea of how I'm progressing against the crowd (personal gain). Nevermind accuracy, the sample size of dominion is probably too small, but I have a feeling I wouldn't jump from top 20% to 50% in 2 days of no playing.

konfetarius

06-25-2012

We will need rules to simulate elo difference. I'll start us off:
1. Gank Sauron - gain +10 Elo

Kiddalee

06-25-2012

I already have an idea of how good a person is by their wins and losses on LolMatches.com. I don't think trying to calculate Elo would improve on that. I don't see why you shouldn't make a personal project of it, but maybe it shouldn't be at the forefront of DominateDominion. Some people might take it too seriously.

NavyGothic

06-25-2012

I think a win/loss ratio "ELO" is fairly useless at this point, unfortunately. A few problems I can think of;

- Greatly inflated ELO for players who queue in pre-mades

- Very poor representation for players who don't log every match due to a tiny sample size

- The low population of Dom results in a wider range of ELOs per game, meaning Dom matches will tend to be more "unfair" than SR matches

DiscworldDeath

06-26-2012

Quote:
TheFeedski:
I know basing it off just win/losses will not be completely accurate, but I don't know if there is anything you could create that would get close to the actual ELO you have.

There is. After JabeBot died, I looked at my w/l change from when JabeBot died, and others', and could usually figure out Elos pretty accurately, which could be seen when lolnotes came out.

So the method if you want to do it would incorporate 5 numbers. Current Win/Loss, Elo when lolmatches stopped tracking, and Win/Loss when lolmatches stopped tracking the player. That way you could get a pretty good estimate, though it does break apart if people multi-queue constantly or are over 2.1-2.2k Elo, where the change in Elo sometimes seem to change, the more the higher you go up.

VoidInsanity

06-26-2012

With the amount of Kassadin/Urgot/Jax spammers that play only that champion to inflate their elo around, elo has been meaningless for the past month or two. Nothing is going to change that.

FDru

06-26-2012

A couple things:

1. Win/loss is a horrible indicator of skill, or anything really.

2. If we want to see it, it's already on the score screen after every game.

Don't waste your time.

p.s. Love joos <3

Rebel Dragon

06-26-2012

There should be an option for "Don't Care"