Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like an unofficial Dominion ELO?

Yes 61 70.11%
No 26 29.89%
Voters 87 .

Would You Like An Unofficial ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

06-25-2012

Hello everyone,

As many of you know, Riot has yet again patched the ELO for Dominion, which has stopped us from viewing it. To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of it because some people began getting ELO crazy and were no longer playing for fun AT ALL, but that's beside the point. I saw how JabeBot's death affected the Dominion community and I fear with Guild Wars 2 coming out soon, the death of ELO again will severely hurt the community. I have seen many complaint threads about the now hidden ELO, so I am here to try to offer the best current solution I can think of for it, but as always, DominateDominion wants your opinion on it.

Currently we are still allowed access to player's win/loss for Dominion. My idea is to create an algorithm that would give an unofficial ELO based off win/losses. Now keep in mind, this can't get completely accurate because we only have access to two numbers. It would not look at if you are solo queueing or duoing queuing, etc. unfortunately. So there are potentially a lot of flaws, but I am trying to bring something to the table that will hold us over until ranked Dominion comes.

Is this something you would like? Ideas/criticism/thoughts are always welcome. DominateDominion is here for the community and does what the community wants, so let us know what you think!

EDIT: This would pretty much be a number used to track personal progress.

onisnake

Recruiter

06-25-2012

I think elo is not needed. At this time it would be better if people play to play, rather then to get a number. until ranked is out I would like to see more draft, more actual team play, or even new meta or champions. The number gets in the way

Laker

06-25-2012

Normal Dominion is already too competitive as is, no need to add a controversial rating system which would only add fuel to the fire.

inFe eD

06-25-2012

Basing elo solely on win/loss is not going to work.

Volandum

06-25-2012

I agree with inFe eD.

FetisPuncher

06-25-2012

If elo can't be implemented then a badge would be nice.. something like platinum for those over 2k elo etc...

Vaticide

06-25-2012

Simple solution - just implement ranked. A system based off of wins/loses is inaccurate anyways.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

06-25-2012

I know basing it off just win/losses will not be completely accurate, but I don't know if there is anything you could create that would get close to the actual ELO you have. I am just trying to figure out if enough people want a number, even if it may not be very accurate. I see a lot of people voted yes in the poll but all comments have been against it. I would love to hear what people who do want it have to say.

Quote:
Vaticide:
Simple solution - just implement ranked. A system based off of wins/loses is inaccurate anyways.

That's not a solution I can implement, and don't think it's very simple or else it would be out by now. I am trying to find a temporary solution.

FetisPuncher

06-25-2012

It's pretty obvious elo in dom has the same effect as it does in SR. it helps us gauge our personal progress in the realm of competitiveness.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

06-25-2012

Quote:
FetisPuncher:
It's pretty obviously elo in dom has the same effect as it does in SR. it helps us gauge our personal progress in the realm of competitiveness.

Yes, this would simply be a number to gauge personal progress.