AD nautilus viable choice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJGrego

06-25-2012

What do you guys think?

Call Mee Maybee

06-25-2012

No. All of his **** scales w/ AP.. why would you go AD?

Noxian Mercenary

06-25-2012

Because of his ability to stick to somebody.

MushroomKingpls

06-25-2012

I've built tank teemo, successfully, I don't see why not try an AD naut.

ViashinoWizard

06-25-2012

No, not really. None of his abilities benefit at all from autoattacking more than once every few seconds and he has the worst AS growth in the game.

He'll still be effective because his CC is incredibly strong, but building him AD will always be weaker than an equivalent tank or AP build.

ThirdEyeCrow

11-12-2012

It's perfectly fine to build him AD. AP brings him to his full potential, but AD works fine.

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I did it once to troll a GP, was absolutely amazing.

started boots/3hps/HoG/finish boots/Sheen/Phage/Trinity, and just bought w/e I needed from there, was mad jokes, cause I was literaly taking almost half his health with one combo of QWE since the procs for sheen was just raping him. A skilled opponent would have been smart and build hex/ninjatabi against it, but nope this GP was dense. With the old skill tree I went 9/21/0 takin melee damage, and 10% armpen. went arm/mres/healthregen, health stacking, and MS over 70% and CD.

LordPopple

11-12-2012

The real problem is his attack speed is absolute garbage, but that is by design. I think a lot of people forget that Nautilus already relies on his auto-attacks to do a lot of his damage though both his passive and W.

If he had a better auto-attack playing Nautilus AD would absolutely be viable, his kit has more than enough utility that you could ignore his AP ratios and still do respectable DPS. I don't have the numbers to back it up, but I would assume an AD Nautilus with a better auto-attack would do a lot more sustained damage than an AP Nautilus.

SaveTheMaids

11-13-2012

Staggering Blow scales with armor penetration and levels.
Titan's Wrath scales with AP, health, and defensive items.
Riptide scales with AP
Depth Charge scales with AP

Nothing in Naut's kit scales with AD.

santaclawzer

12-14-2012

RIGHT ill get straight to the point, i am a semi pro nautilus player, i have played him almost excessively for more than 7 months and have tried almost every nautilus build on the face of the planet (AD, AP, AP/AS, Tank, Hybrid, Hybrid Tank, Support, AP Tank, AD Tank). I don't often play ranked, as i am still to finish my rune page. in ranked i have a 5/7 win/lose rate, as i started p[laying ranked long before i was capable as a player and raked up a string of loses and haven't played enough naut in ranked to get very high scores. Also i was playing hybrid tank. i relised that i needed a rune page if i was going to play ranked and have stopped playing for the time being. alot of my abysmal score have come form when my team told me i was a noob for playing solo top naut and forced me into support, i fed, hard. when i returned to normals it was season 3 and i gave AD naut another go and i can tell you now it is by far the best naut build available. Your not an AD carry, you are the only viable tank, because you have 3000 health and deal incredible damage and the enemy team is actually forced to FOCUS THE TANK. The build is for solo top in both normals and ranked. 1v2 means you get fed, as you will out damage the enemy's in your lane, 1v1 the same rule applies.
( all runes are constant and dont scale percentage , or with level, and are tier 3
runes are :
flat health quints (26 health each
flat armour seals (1.4 armour each
flat MR glyphs (???
flat armour pen marks( ???

Masteries
all in the defence tree exept enhanced ignite, and flash
pick up all bonus heath and reistances, and tenecy masteries
1/28/1

items
dorans sheild
ruby crystal
black cleaver
bezerkers greaves- furor
vapiric septr
giants belt ( get phage first if you need quick health
frozen malet
ravenouse hydra ( gives the titans wrath effect at all times
blood thirster
infinity edge

you should have 3000+ health at full build and huge damage, ur purpose on the team is to tank and destroy and late game you should suport your team and let them KS if your fed, and if ur not you suck.
YOUR NOT AND ADC remember that.