Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need a guide to auto/smart casting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoloSoloSwagginz

06-25-2012

I know a lot of people use it and consider it a way to step ones game up. I have no clue how to use, and would like to so I can improve my game for me and my teammates. Thanks for your time!

xCry0x

06-25-2012

What do you mean by you do not know how to use it?

On a basic level you hold shift and then press q w e r to use an ability. Wherever your mouse is the ability will go.

From there it just takes practice and is 100% worthwhile. It allows you to be much quicker with ability use and throw off a chain of abilities by just pressing q w e r instead of pressing q then clicking your mouse.

Can't really tell you how to utilize smart cast because it is different for every champion. I didn't use it at first but then at some point in time I started to and now I use it on everyone subconsciously.

I think I started using smart cast with skill shot champions like lee sin & ezreal if I remember correctly.

Igglepud

06-25-2012

Good to know...I had no idea you could do that. SO if I hold SHIFT, and hit all my buttons, it dumps them all really fast?

YoloSoloSwagginz

06-25-2012

I went from pressing the buttons on screen and then where I wanted them to pushing the key on my board and etc, so thank you! It always just sounded like to much effort to me but I wanted to spend the time to learn it now. Thank you very much!

Annabelle

06-25-2012

You can bind keys in the in-game option menu, avoiding the shift thing.

Aqua Dragon 33

Recruiter

06-25-2012

I recommend what Annabelle said. Just open up the menu and it should be in interface I think.

Strill

06-25-2012

Quote:
Blooded Knight:
I know a lot of people use it and consider it a way to step ones game up. I have no clue how to use, and would like to so I can improve my game for me and my teammates. Thanks for your time!

It's easy. Just go into the keybindings, rebind all of your abilities to smartcast, then go into the More Options menu and check the box for "Smartcast range indicators". This way you can hold down the button to see the range of your abilities, and let it go to fire it off.

xCry0x

06-26-2012

Yea, I am just used to hlding ctrl alt & shift from playing fps game so pressing shift + q w e r to smart cast vs what.. alt- q w e r to self cast is all somewhat natural because my pinky and thumb go there automatically =)

The range indicators are okay but you really need to just learn the abilities because it is still slower.