So, retired skins are gone for ever?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuradGh

06-25-2012

For some reason when ever I read about Kayle old players say that it used to be better, well I recently started playing LoL and AS Kayle is my favorite, recently i'v started to look at it's available skins they all suck!, a friend of mine, who introduced me to LoL, told me that it had better skins (unmasked, judgment), they were never sold? one of them came with the retail and the other was a reward for playing in season 1.
I missed both opportunities, so is there a legal method for me to get them?
i'v heard about custom skins, it's a solution, but i want everyone else to see it not just me.
any reply would be appreciated!

Krazlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

I believe Unmasked Kayle was on sale for awhile and was retired as a Legacy Skin. I personally didn't buy it because it just looked like Classic Kayle without a helmet. I don't know about you, but I like my warrior ladies clad in metal. (Leona's Iron Solari skin is just so amazing to me, too bad I don't play her)

Judgement Kayle was indeed a reward for playing in Season 1, and was never put on sale. Though I prefer Kayle's classic skin to Judgement Kayle. Judgement Kayle's wings are an odd color imo.

Edit: It really just comes down to the fact that there are 99 champions in the game now, and Riot doesn't have the manpower to be adding a good skin selection for all champions. Kayle's not the only one with limited choices. You could wait to see if they come up with anything good. Ezreal for instance doesn't really have any good skins currently, but he's getting his long awaited Pulsefire skin soon.

AJStarhiker

06-25-2012

Limited skins are no longer available.

Legacy means they've been removed but may make a reappearance later.

Jing Qian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
Limited skins are no longer available.

Legacy means they've been removed but may make a reappearance later.

The chances of reappearing are very small and wil lonly happen under very special circumstances

AJStarhiker

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Making Me Happy View Post
The chances of reappearing are very small and wil lonly happen under very special circumstances
True. I think Riot did a post about it for some of the holiday skins. I.e. holiday and special event skins (Olympics) labeled as "Limited" could only be bought for a limited time and won't be available again because people bought them with the understanding it was a one-off deal and wouldn't be fair to them.

Regardless of how low, there is still a chance that Legacy skins could be brought back out at some point.

CounterSnipe

06-25-2012

You can still get some skins if you have the codes for them. If you check on Ebay, you will actually find some of the limited edition skins for sale. They're sold kind of like iTunes gift cards. You buy the card, it comes with a code. Redeem the code via the store, and the skin is yours.

MuradGh

06-25-2012

Thanks for your help everybody

League Of Laugh

06-04-2014

I have Judgement Kayle and its defiantly pretty cool.