Question about Solo Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kane405

06-25-2012

#1: I've found myself going solo top quite a few times lately. Mostly with Olaf, Jax and Malphite. The problem arises when I have to solo top against a Tryndamere, and I get facerolled and lose my lane. just nothing works! pre level six, I can beat his face in with Olaf and Malphite, but when he hits six, I always die. tower-dived usually. He hits like truck full of hammers and boulders, has a heal and a slow, and his ult makes him invulnerable. I don't have to be able to counter him, I just want to know how to not lose my lane against him. I know to pop ignite on him when he ults (and I can sometimes kill him that way), but that doesn't stop him from killing me and snowballing for the win. So my question is, what am I doing wrong? How on earth do I handle him?

PS, I'm not trying to sound whiny, nor claim that he is OP, I'm just wanting to know how to not feed him. is it just because I suck? (if so, please be gentle, I'm kind of a noob)

PlayWithMe69

06-25-2012

When he turns level 6 ask your jungler to stay close by for a gank. Tryn won't want to 2 v 1, regardless of his ult.

CrusaderAntonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

You should be able to stomp his face with Jax, especially after 6. Max w first. Stack your passive up on minions, then go fight him. Try to use minions so that your first attack against him is a 3rd strike, then immediately w to reset your AA timer. You'll have one normal attack, then another 3rd hit. That's a *lot* of damage over a pretty short period of time, and still leaves you free to use q/e either offensively to chase if you come out ahead, or defensively to back off if he pops w and goes for a hard engage.

Boyahda

06-25-2012

Olaf, Jax and Malphite should be able to face roll stomp Tryndamere (well just about anyone does now, his laning phase is so weak). You're doing something wrong especially with Jax and Malphite. Malphite can cc him long enough under tower for it to kill him. If you have any replays post them so we can figure out what you're doing wrong.

Kane405

06-25-2012

Well, I can handle him okay with Jax and Malphite, but his ult just ruins me. And like I said, pre-6 I can poop on him with Olaf and he can't do anything about it. Once he hits 6 though and I back off a bit because he can take me, he just gets to free farm. and he usually will get a couple kills and from there it's GG. Once he is level 6, I can't 1v1 him.

Okay, but it is looking like a problem with me, I was afraid of that. Thanks much for the advice peoples

EDIT: eh I'm afraid I haven't got any replays, I'l try to make one when I next run into him.