Demacian Delicacies, Delivered!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscoPolarBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

gratz on skin it looks sweet

Sartuk

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodyl View Post
Hey folks.

I did not win, but I still wanted to share my entry with the community. At the very least it would be a shame if no one saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlKqBNKqkHE

Here it is, the Amumu cake that actually cries. What do you guys think?
I am seriously freaked out, but man, that's pretty freaking cool. BUT WAS IT DELICIOUS, GOOD SIR?

To Isomalt: I was discussing this thread with my girlfriend earlier, and we said basically the exact same thing: there are some real nice fondant/gum paste cakes here, but honestly, none of them are professional level. Some are pretty **** amazing for amateur cakes, though. Actually, the only cake that was done that I could see paying for is Muffinhug's Frosted Ezrael. For a non-fondant/gum paste, frosting only cake, it's exceedingly well done.

I already noted my love for Potatocrank, but I should also note that Isomalt's cake (specifically Tibbers and the various plant life) and MoQwai's cake are two of my absolute favorites. MoQwai's craftmanship in particular is stunningly good. But picking favorites is a little bit silly here; there were a TON of fantastic entries, all deserving of the praise they're getting (and then some) in their own right.

melvinvega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

Man this contest should have really been named Demancian Cake Delicacies Contest considering 99% of the winners were made from/with ....*drumroll*.. cake, yeah because making something that resembles LOL with a moldable substance isn't really that hard. *sigh* oh well can win them all i guess the winners were good but i cant stand the fact that one could easily call a family member that work on pastry industry and ask for a favor, not that I'm saying that any1 did it. Congrats on to the winners I was really impressed but at the same time though there could be a bit more diversity on the winners. Well my entry wasn't nearly half as good as the potato blitz which i think should have won something more than honorable mention but oh well. Heres my entry for those who even wonder why I'm ranting.

My Entry

Sartuk

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinvega View Post
Man this contest should have really been named Demancian Cake Delicacies Contest considering 99% of the winners were made from/with ....*drumroll*.. cake, yeah because making something that resembles LOL with a moldable substance isn't really that hard. *sigh* oh well can win them all i guess the winners were good but i cant stand the fact that one could easily call a family member that work on pastry industry and ask for a favor, not that I'm saying that any1 did it. Congrats on to the winners I was really impressed but at the same time though there could be a bit more diversity on the winners. Well my entry wasn't nearly half as good as the potato blitz which i think should have won something more than honorable mention but oh well. Heres my entry for those who even wonder why I'm ranting.

My Entry
And the guy who did Potatocrank could've easily called his uncle, a famous sculptor, and had him do it for him. Just saying, it goes both ways.

I do agree that there were a LOT of cakes, but that makes sense; I think that had to sort of be expected from the get-go. I'm glad they ended up having more than just 5 "grand prize" winners, though, because there were some EXCELLENT entries.

Koops

08-31-2010

Not to sound unappreciative, but when do we get the 5,000 RP? I'm dying to grab the new Blitz skin.

Sk1n J0b

08-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koops View Post
Not to sound unappreciative, but when do we get the 5,000 RP? I'm dying to grab the new Blitz skin.
My email said either today or Wednesday.

WoodMntSeaBear

08-31-2010

unforgivible!!! I cant belive how hungry you made me!! lol. love the skin.

Altámbo

08-31-2010

Exiled FTW ^ ^

woos0p

08-31-2010

grats all. can anyone take a picture on how the skin looks in game? dying to see it.

Gazzi

08-31-2010

grats to all the winners! I was super bummed about the timing of this contest, it was right around my summer quarter finals. :c no time to bake a magnificent food.

though I am TOTALLY STOKED for this Morgana skin. any info about the IP price?