Demacian Delicacies, Delivered!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samwit

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NDS3T View Post
The cakes were incredible, espeically the Annie in Wonderland. But I thought the most creative ones were the Veggie Teemo, Watermelon Blitz and Potato Blitz. Those were just brilliant.
Thank you so much! I feel outclassed by all of the other winners, but it was a fun contest.

Here's the best part, though: after my friend IzzyInfamous finished helping me take the pictures, he dropped my Teemo into his trash can and said, "A summoner has disconnected."

FaizeXX

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTAmakesMeLOL View Post
I wanna eat hope's cho cake :O

ahahahahah

JealousY

08-30-2010

Unfortunately im from portugal. From this far far away land.The only persons who entered it, never came back.
In old and almost disapearing letters, in ancient books, is told that its filled by creatures with 1,30m, eating whatever appears. Possibly aliens.

The numbers are bad. Logic is getting unlogical. There are way more country´s banned from participating on this type of events, than allowed ones. Just imagine if all the country´s could participate. The diversity growing. The culture growing. The entry´s growing. The happiness of those, who cannot participate. Growing. The quality of this forums. Growing. Amumu. Already crying about that.

Hi laws! Diversity is fine as it is! The culture. Watch the news! Entry´s growing, hm, it would be worse. We want to keep this forum clean! You know Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them. Hapiness? can be found somewhere else outside LoL! The quality hm. What matters is not the quantity... right? Amumu...pff... that dude is a cry baby, he needs to QQ less to be mentioned.

It´s really bad that most country´s cant participate on such nice events.
Laws. Comon, it is not so bad! i could tell you at least 25 good reasons...

/ONTOPIC

Congratulations to all the winners,

To the loosers:

"ever tried. ever failed. no matter. try again. fail again. fail better" Samuel Beckett

Never quit doing it, if you love it.

Cheers every body,

Anaesthesia

08-30-2010

I made the Cho cake, im so upset because I forgot to put my Summoner name (Anaesthesia) in the entry, but emailed them back with it later, but never got a prize :*( Still super pumped to be up there though!!!!!!

Nillskill

08-30-2010

How about renaming this contest to:

Best professional baking fondant modeler?

Whats the bet half of them paid their professional cake making aunt to make it for them?

Considering most of the top winners were modeled fondant and painted champs on a cake?

1 or 2 of the same thing is enough, why have so many of the same thing win when amateurs efforts and time didn't get recognized. Just my 2 cents

Kaellya

08-30-2010

...Reading all the comments, a lot of people are complaining about all the cakes being fondant. My cake was butter pecan filling, layered with, like, an inch of french vanilla whipped icing and plenty of frustration because of the heat, if that counts for non-fondant cake. o_x;

Wish I used fondant though. x: Easier to work with than melting icing. Ah well. Thanks Riot! And congrats to all the winners. Those are some amazing entries. <3

Sartuk

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillskill View Post

Whats the bet half of them paid their professional cake making aunt to make it for them?

Considering most of the top winners were modeled fondant and painted champs on a cake?

1 or 2 of the same thing is enough, why have so many of the same thing win when amateurs efforts and time didn't get recognized. Just my 2 cents
How about amateur fondant (or gum paste) users who labored over not just making a delicious, entirely edible cake, but one that looks great as well? Not that you specifically mentioned mine, but my girlfriend and I had NEVER used gum paste before at all. This was a first time thing, and I do think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

Nah bro, let's ignore those people.

If I were a more rude type, I might have a "u mad" comment here, but I'll pass on that

Kaellya

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartuk View Post
How about amateur fondant (or gum paste) users who labored over not just making a delicious, entirely edible cake, but one that looks great as well? Not that you specifically mentioned mine, but my girlfriend and I had NEVER used gum paste before at all. This was a first time thing, and I do think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

Nah bro, let's ignore those people.

If I were a more rude type, I might have a "u mad" comment here, but I'll pass on that
u mad? ;P

j/k. <3

Was yours the Annie/Amu cake? I posted mine, then saw yours, and was like, 'awhellnodawg...Thats totally awesome.'

Sartuk

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaellya View Post
u mad? ;P

j/k. <3

Was yours the Annie/Amu cake? I posted mine, then saw yours, and was like, 'awhellnodawg...Thats totally awesome.'
Yeah, that one's mine. Thanks for the compliment! Yours is very impressive; my defense of the fondant aside, it's refreshing to see that some cake makers didn't go that route as well, as some variety is great!

To be absolutely honest, my favorites are the non-cake ones, because 1: cake is the "easy" way out, at least creativity wise, and 2: I'm bound to be biased and like my cake the most anyway.

I think potatocrank in particular probably deserved one of the grand prizes, and might be my favorite.

Isomalt

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillskill View Post

Try making some fondant from scratch, then do all the dishes associated with it. After you are done with that, come back and tell me it's not one of the most annoying things you've had to deal with (kids don't count).

After that, learn the difference between gum paste and fondant.

Then, try painting and coloring fondant and gum paste to the right colors.

Time consuming enough to be worth a prize? Yes it is.

This was an art competition, not a food competition. To me, that was blatantly obvious upon opening the initial thread.

A contest based on quality of food would be completely unrealistic for riot unless they paired up with the food network for the next "Food Networks Lame P.O.S. Challenge", in which case you would see 10x the amount of fondant used in this contest.

To sum this all up, I would hope no professional cake-shop/maker was involved in these cakes. If there was, they should quit their job.

Everyone who entered did a great job and you should be proud of what you accomplished, use of fondant or not.

Abuse those Morgana skins while you can, everyone truly is jealous.