The Dark Trail (Closed RP) PG+18 covers Mature themes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcolytHinderance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

So the giant library smells of old books....

Both Equiste and Ryu manage to get to the bottom of the library undetected. Although Equiste was feeling a bit winded from having walked down 20 floors of constant bookshelves while listening to the crowd of librarians talk about the most boring things all the way down.

Looking around they could see 25 passageways splitting off into every direction. The librarians seem to pair up and begin walking through a memorized passageway. The crowd was dissipating, but slowly some still saying goodbyes before going off into their own passage ways. The floor was a strange black marble with man made groves and etches. It might turn out to be a pattern, but with the amount of people around it was still hard to see if it was. Directly in the north was a massive gate, from the looks of it that could most likely have been the 26th passageway. In front of the gate stood a man of average height wearing a red leather and chain armor. He was impatiently clicking away with his sheathed katana.

Equiste could vaguely remember seeing that armor back at the Drifting Lotus back when Dulcina, Cassandra and himself went for dinner.

Ryu could see and feel the seals above him a total of 21 full seals, something that would even slow down his father. As he and Equiste entered the bottom floor where all the librarians seemed to be going home, Ryu could smell something disturbing. He couldn't be completely sure, but it smelled like a dragon was nearby, but the aural presences were not even remotely draconian.

Equiste

06-27-2012

The Really Big Library...

There seemed to be a fair few stairs as he made his way down. He wondered why he felt so winded. Guess he didn't train himself enough after leaving the army since 10 mile walks were just a warm up usually. It seemed the librarians were splitting up into pairs and following pre-determined movements. Unfortunately he wouldn't have much time to think since... Actually... He could see they seem to be heading different directions down their own passageways. For him to walk down one now might seem perculiar, but if everyone had gone down their own with none left for him to go for it would seem suspicious, especially to the guy in the armor. The armor reminded him of something he might of seen. Back at the drifting lotus? Probably magical, but he wasn't surprised. It seemed he was waiting for someone or something. And Katana's were an expensive weapon, a symbol of status or skill; likely the second option. Not that he was worried about his combat prowess, but a combat would alert someone of their position. He decided chatting to the Ryu clone and pretending to be checking to see he had everything was his best bet. Once things had thinned out a bit and he had talked to Ryu would he think to make a move.
'As much as I know you could easily handle the armored guy, I'd rather not try to cause a stir yet. I think his armor is magical in some way, not sure in what way. Do you sense any seals or anything on the gate over there? Perhaps its best for us to slip into the shadows and use it to get behind the gate. Either way the guy seems to be waiting for something...'

(OOC: Sorry, in a bit of a games marathon with a friend. So I may be a bit slow... -_- And thinking what he would do is hard here... Especially when my mind is going between ME3 multi and this. :P)

FilFire

06-27-2012

Actually, books don't smell bad. Was referring to it being the Library of Zaun

Ryu observes the guard, then shrugs. He was more interested about there being the smell of another dragon while he can't feel the presence of one.

"This place is really tightly guarded. Above us are 21 complete seals, if I tried to break through them all at once it would take a while using normal means. As for the gate, only very low level of magic, probably to stop people trying to use simple tricks on it, but there's something strange. I smell a dragon, and it's not me. However I can't feel its presence. That normally either means that it's hiding it, or that it's dead. Neither possibility looks good to me."

AcolytHinderance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

The Great Library of Zaun: Level B22

The man in the red armor scanned over the leaving librarians. His mind began to wander, Lecherously eying some of the female librarians. Thinking to himself he wondered if he could get lucky later if he followed one of them. As he mind wandered into a train of impure thoughts he could see the two new librarians he hadn't seen before. Although curious there were so many employee's at this point that he shrugs. Deciding it was about time to check up on her he taps on the gate and shouts. "Hey! Ya limbless #$@%&! You done in there yet? I have seen royalty that gets ready faster than you! I mean come on its been 4 days since you went back there!"

Ryu could feel a slight magical aura emanating from the back of the gate, but it was at very low levels. Perhaps a magical dampener?

As the two talked amongst themselves more and more of the Librarians left. Soon there would only be a handful of them left.

((No prob Equiste, ME3 take quite a bit of concentration))

Equiste

06-27-2012

Now comes a bold plan...

Interesting, it seems that Elizabeth could be behind that gate. If that was true then that was where they wanted to go. It seemed the guard was distracted often enough that they could slip back, however a disappearing presence might alter him.
'Ok, ducking back into the shadows and putting a couple of light clones in our place. With any luck we can use the shadows to get behind the gate. Our target seems to be in there. With any luck we can slip past the gate using that shadow thing you have. Dragon or not, I doubt thats going to deter either of us...' He said through his mind defenses. Once Ryu agreed with the plan he would implement it, perhaps using a water spell causing water to splash in a location away from them as a distraction and slip into the shadows if an opportunity didn't present itself, waiting for Ryu to use his shadow magic to get them behind the gate.

(OOC Edit: Sorry, I'd normally stop but this is one of the few times I've managed to get another one of my rl friends to actually play with me. Usually the ones that do are too busy, got annoyed at the ending and refuses to play or whatever other reasons...)

FilFire

06-27-2012

I doubt it'll go well

"Right. Unless they've managed to make a Ryuka High Lord join them, we should be safe. If they have, we're in real trouble, but that's very unlikely."

While Equiste creates a distraction with water and clones he makes sure the shadow beyond the gate is safe, then moves from the shadow they're in to the shadow behind the gate as if they're one and the same shadow, dragging Equiste with him. If the shadow isn't safe he'll tell Equiste and wait for him to think up a new plan.

AcolytHinderance

06-27-2012

From behind the gate a female voice can be heard echoing as if it was getting closer to the entrance. "Shut it, you @&%#$*( last time I checked you weren't exactly the epitome of stamina! So grow a pair and take it like a man! You will wait as long as I tell you to!" As the voice reached the gate it began to swing open. Forcing Equiste and Ryu's shadow underneath the narrow space under the opening gate.

The man in the red armor began to swear in Ionian it seems while the gate opened. The voice now clearly Elizabeth's could be heard at the gate. "Yea? Well you were born in a backwater inbred country that couldn't save itself from a timely invasion that you only retook because of the Institute of War!" Elizabeth stepped out in plate armor that covered up her arms and legs. There also seemed to be some etching all over the plate armor which were too small to read.

Walking up right up to the Ionian in red armor Elizabeth yanked him by the collar and forced him to kiss her. The Ionian initially resisted, but gave up and went with it, after a moment he broke away from the kiss and said, "You have some nerve, you know that Elizabeth?" Elizabeth not wanting to let go kept her grip almost making his face push up against hers. "Sure I do, but really even after all these years your are still here are you not?" She began to laugh before letting him go. The Ionian finally being freed from her grasp readjusted his chest piece. "Geeze, you play too rough sometimes you know that right? Lizzie?" As if to respond to his question Elizabeth slapped him in the back. "Of course I'm rough with ya! It makes it all the more fun later. Now then....I have finished my prep work. So now we just have to send out the invitations."

((There we go! You can make a dynamic entry now XD))

Equiste

06-27-2012

The Great Library of Zaun: Level B22... In the shadows...

In his mind Equiste silently cursed himself. He had taken too long. The best he could do now was to continue with the plan and not get anyone else dragged into this mess. It seemed she was ready for battle, but currently there was only two of them in the room and he had Ryu on his side. BUt it was Ryu's shadow magic so there was nothing he could do right now except wait for Ryu to get them to make a move. He wondered if the male was her boyfriend or just a favoured servent. Either way, they seemed connected. Of course they could just follow her for a while, but really he didn't expect Ryu to wait with their prey right there.

FilFire

06-27-2012

Library, somewhere down there

Ryu grins inside his mind.

"It's a good thing I've prepared something for if we encountered her. Seems like we're in luck here."

He directly starts a combo of techniques. First he fires a powerful mental horror towards both Elizabeth's and the male's mind, continues by covering the area in a dimensional lock-down, preventing teleportation or other ways of magical retreats, then releases Equiste from the shadows and jumps out himself in his full form, intending to grab Elizabeth and the male both by the head and smash them against the floor while the mental horror prevents them from acting, while his tail is writing a mass of runes everywhere. If he succeeds he now squats on the floor with Elizabeth and the male lying on both sides of him with his claws on their heads, with runes quickly appearing everywhere and him grinning beneath his scarf.

"Hello."

AcolytHinderance

06-27-2012

Both of them were instantly taken by surprise when Ryu assaulted their minds with mental horrors of their worst fears. As they tried to get their minds back in place the sudden tackle almost knocked them out. Strangely, the area wasn't going into a dimensional lock down something else was already in place that was stopping the lock down from happening. The central area was now clear of any inhabitants, but Ryu could clearly see the magical pattern that was carved into the floor now. It was a null magic circle, and an extremely powerful one at that.

Elizabeth still struggling to fight her way out of the mental horror instinctively went for her fail safe. Pounding her chest plate twice it began to glow a brilliant blue color as well lighting up the magical pattern on the ground. The area instantly lit up removing the shadow from the entire central floor. As the light touched the magical circle anything magical below the seal above them were knocked out. For Elizabeth it became hard to move her limbs, but it was worth it if she could force a stand still.

From what used to be a darkened passageway a squad of 5 men wearing dragon scale armor equipped with bone weapons stepped through. Turning to Ryu a sinister smile became apparent on their faces. The one in the red dragon scales enthusiastically licked his lips turning to their leader. "Boss, she didn't disappoint did she?" The one in the red armor carried a medium scale shield and a large dragon bone Ku kri.

Their leader doned a white dragon scale armor whilst carrying a spiritually charged halberd made from dragon bones. Turning to his red subordinate he replied with a satisfied tone, "Indeed. This will be a worthy hunt after all." The remaining members wore purple husk armor, making them look more like biped insects than humans. The ones wearing husks were carrying bows and crossbows.

Elizabeth sounding desperate began barking at the hunters. "What the $(@& are you waiting for!" The lead hunter nodding signaled the husk wearing subordinates who promptly fired off explosive bolts and arrows at Ryu's shoulders. The shock from the explosives loosened his grip enough, gave Elizabeth a chance to grab the Ionian and get a short distance away.

Once she managed to get behind the group almost collapsing from not being able to really move any longer smacks the Ionian across the face waking him up from the weakened horrors. After being pulled back to his senses he looked at Elizabeth sprawled on the floor and quickly got up. Turning to face Equiste and Ryu. As the Ionian glared at the both of them he reached for his weapon ready to draw it. Equiste could now properly recognize the Ionian. Although in the memory burned into him by Claire he was hooded, Equiste could feel that he was one of the men who was present when Cassandra was being tortured. He could also recall that he was one of the ones who were more intimately involved in the proceedings. Although he wasn't one of the ones who had their identities completely open it was a good bonus to have found one of Cassandra's more anonymous torturers.

Hinderance's Residence

Now that the defenses were complete, Hinderance was just about to go look for Dulcina when his insides felt like it was being ripped apart. Almost losing his form Hinderance nearly went to being a puddle. Trying to hang on he made an inhuman shout of pain even going as far as to changing his state to ice. As he began to freeze up he had to muster everything he had as his life energy was being drained from him. Pounding the floor and well as breaking through it on occasion he continued to muster more energy, but the pain was completely unbearable. His mind was on verge of going blank from the pain as it felt like every fiber of his being was being electrocuted.

((Ugh that toke too long XD))

((Its continuous so long as Elizabeth has Hinderance's Reformation gem as its main fuel source.))