Afraid to play League of Legends

1234511 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undine Aqua

06-25-2012

I am afraid to play this game. The enjoyment it once gave me is now a fear rather than a pleasure. I have no problem playing Coop vs AI, spectating, or watching the pros play in championships and live streams.

However, when it comes to even trying to queue up for a Normal Game (not even ranked) I freeze. I am afraid to let my team down because I can't enforce the current meta or even come close to it. I know how you're SUPPOSED to play, but I can't seem to get my reflexes heightened enough to actually do it.

The following is a quote from an anonymous summoner who was talking about how it's easier to play Normal Games rather than Ranked:

Quote:
ppl jus think too much of ranked. Maybe the responsibility of having to win or get raged at makes it easier to play normals all day
I'm sorry, but, even knowing that, it does not make it easier for me at all to play Normal Games.

My last played Normal Game with a friend with no lag (People downloading stuff on Netflix makes me lag unexpectedly sometimes so I will not count games where that has happened) resulted in me feeding the bottom lane to the point where my support began last hitting creeps and I can't blame her for that. It's better for at least someone to kill the creeps rather than nobody at all. The game ended with the enemy Kog'Maw calling me a noob. Just flat out calling me a noob.

Our lane was Graves (Me) + Sona vs Kog'Maw + Rammus and I lost it badly. We were ganked 3 times and struggled to keep areas warded to prevent them. The enemy Jungler always seemed to show up when a ward had run out. It was ridiculous.

My point is that I don't like PvP as much as I used to. Everyone else has surpassed me and I can't catch up with them it seems. I'm scared to even solo queue in fear that I'll just end up making 4 unsuspecting players lose again...

It's probably worse to announce this because everyone will recognize my name and possibly even avoid me like the black plague... But, hey, I've got nothing better to do what with the fact that I've played over 700 Coop vs AI because of this stupid fear.

EDIT: For those of you who have sent me friend requests, I appreciate it and you will not be ignored. If you sent me a friend request and I haven't accepted it, it's because I'm not online at the moment. I will be accepting them and can't wait to play <3

EDIT 2: For those of you wondering where I am, a massive storm hit the US on June 29 which caused over 3,000,000 people to lose electricity. I am one of them and I will not be online to play for a while.

EDIT 3: Power is back at the moment... hope it will stay <3

Demogorgon

06-25-2012

Maybe this game just ain't your cup of tea.

Lolibird

06-25-2012

If you're that bad, in all honesty, make a new account and start over on a new level

Vergil the God

Recruiter

06-25-2012

Just get back on the horse and keep playing. Also watch streams from high elo players to get some insight personally my favorite is TheOddone you can find him streaming on twitch later today or even right now.

Undine Aqua

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Signo Mortis View Post
Maybe this game just ain't your cup of tea.
I appreciate someone's reply, at least...

Although I still actually log in to this thing and I tell myself every day "Okay, I'm gonna play a normal" only to end up playing Coop vs AI for first win of the day >_<

Undine Aqua

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolibird View Post
If you're that bad, in all honesty, make a new account and start over on a new level
You don't know why I don't start a new account and I don't want to go into the details of that... Although I will say it involves money...

Frankasaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

It's tough going into matches knowing you can be a let down to other people and be the cause of a loss. But it applies to nearly everyone. It's hard to say "just don't think about it" as it is probably affecting your game, however all in all it is a game and letting it supersede enjoyment for fear is no good.

Sometimes laughing at yourself helps.

Lolibird

06-25-2012

Well you can always watch streams of high level players, read up on some guides, learn what to do in the game and what not to.

I'd suggest playing Normals and Bots until you feel comfortable to play only Normals. Practice makes perfect, and playing League a lot more will give you a whole lot of game sense which is important

Son of Abram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

READ ME.

I was in the same boat as you. I had a fear of playing PvP for about 400 bot games. The only thing that pulled me through it is I played every game as my favorite champion. Now I **** on people everyday with Soraka, mainly due to me being an awesome support and that no one plays support.

tl;dr Find your favorite champion. Get so good you carry the team with them

Ps. that reflex thing? You learn. Trust me.

Edit: Watching streams will only add pressure and tell you what you already know. Theory of the game will give you the outline. Bots however will only train you for certain matches, being against bots.

YOU HAVE TO FAIL TO GET BETTER.

Sarcon

06-25-2012

Do not get discouraged. The more you play, the better you will get. Play Champions you are comfortable playing with and ignore the 'meta'.

1234511 ... 34