Why do we still go for the bush?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DC x FaLL0uT

06-28-2012

Steps to playing Shaco TT.
1. Buy Shaco
2. Pick Shaco
3. Start your item build but get Jack in the box first
4. Place box in bush
5. Wait for unsuspecting prey
6. Ambush with team
7. ?
8. GG

The Jade Fist

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Buying quickly and positioning has been a huge part of almost every moba, it can mean a huge strategic advantage.
I fail to see how delaying the players from leaving spawn changes that. It means if a team actually gets where they want first its because of their own reaction time and no hesitation, not because some random guy on the other team didn't log in as fast as the rest of them.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-29-2012
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Buying quickly and positioning has been a huge part of almost every moba, it can mean a huge strategic advantage.
You can barely make a case for it in the other major MOBAs, mainly because it's been historically popular to creep block. Also, helps when Teleport scrolls are widely available

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

If you're laning as a ranged champion, or one with a ranged poke of some kind, the bottom bush is significantly more valuable than what most people realize. Aside from the bonus map control, the bush allows for quick ranged poking while avoiding minion reprisal damage. Jut out, nuke, jut back into the bush. It allows for very quick zoning to occur. Granted if you're going for first blood, it's better to rush the 1:39 zerg on the minion camps, to allow for the halting of the enemy jungler, but the bottom bush is also quite valuable.

Dr Drew

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I know this is tongue-in-cheek, but I think I should address this anyway. There's a heavy stigma associated with casual nowadays, and almost everything that removes an inherent advantage between players is branded as pushing the game more towards the casual side. In this particular case, you have to ask "should startup lag and reaction time (reaction to the game starting), especially given longer load times, contribute to your early-game positioning?" And "does buying quickly constitute skill?"

For me, both of these are a resounding no.
I highly approve of a person with this philosophy running the game. Kudos to Nome!

Grayjaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Quote:
I There's a heavy stigma associated with casual nowadays, and almost everything that removes an inherent advantage between players is branded as pushing the game more towards the casual side. In this particular case, you have to ask "should startup lag and reaction time (reaction to the game starting), especially given longer load times, contribute to your early-game positioning?" And "does buying quickly constitute skill?"
As you probably realized by now, this is only a problem among newbies, but even so it could be adressed in the same way that was done in Dominion, with a spawn barrier.

Concerning the random jungle, wich I enjoy, there's a simple fix to uneven starts, keep the top buffs as it is, but make the other camps mirrored for the 1st spawn. They're stil random but the enemy jungler will have acess to the same camps at the start when it matters, the buffs are left as it is so better junglers can exert some control on wich they will get/steal.

BBFSmokedCayenne

06-30-2012

whenever I go into TT, I make sure to play a champ with a nice skillshot, then just take that skillshot @lv1 and bombard the brush, telling my friends to do the same. The enemy usually gets out ASAP and I just laugh.

ROFL

CuteCake

07-01-2012

Quote:
You can barely make a case for it in the other major MOBAs, mainly because it's been historically popular to creep block. Also, helps when Teleport scrolls are widely available
what insane ignorance, rofl! way to go, Riot.

you're never going to start with TP scrolls, they cost a lot of gold. Any professional game of dota will involve early jungle roaming and ward placing, but I guess you can't make a case for that in LoL because the action doesn't start in a pro game 'till 20+ minutes, with maybe the exception of a buff wars that may or may not happen. Dota also has tons of choices on what items you can buy early, LoL basically has boots or cloth armor + potions. Maybe learn both games before you talk, but of course that's so typical that you wouldn't.

th3xd3coy

07-01-2012

^^ "I'm an *******. I like to troll other game forums because I am of the coolz,"

Fixed it for ya bud