Why do we still go for the bush?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goatbear

06-25-2012

Right off the bat I mostly play 3v3 and not yet 30. I know that the current meta is 1 top, 1 bot, 1 jungle for ranked. What I wonder is why sub 30s still go bottom bush, we know that they are too. We also know that at some point after minions spawn their carry is going top solo and that there are plenty of bushes to gank them in when they get there. Alone.

Sylvrr

06-25-2012

thats why the new thing is to get 3 in the top bush instead and wait to jump the guy. its hard with pugs because you get random excuses like "no lets hurry to bottom bush or i will die alone" then they blame you.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

it's fun in normals.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-25-2012
1 of 11 Riot Posts

Waiting in the bottom brush is highly dependent on the other team being in the bottom brush. It doesn't work if both teams don't want it to work, and it stems from the lack of opposing pre-spawn objectives on the map (see red 'n' blue on SR). Players want something to fight over, so they position themselves to fight over a mutually-designated objective (the bottom brush) because of lack of alternatives, when in fact, there is little intrinsic value in it. That's the game design side of it, anyway :P

Th3 Herbalist

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Waiting in the bottom brush is highly dependent on the other team being in the bottom brush. It doesn't work if both teams don't want it to work, and it stems from the lack of opposing pre-spawn objectives on the map (see red 'n' blue on SR). Players want something to fight over, so they position themselves to fight over a mutually-designated objective (the bottom brush) because of lack of alternatives, when in fact, there is little intrinsic value in it. That's the game design side of it, anyway :P
I think this bush needs a speed shrine.

Turbo164

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryogen1x View Post
I think it needs a Teemo.

DevilNL

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryogen1x View Post
^why not a free bf sword for the first one there?

TB Once

06-25-2012

As Nome explained, pre-spawn objectives determine starting bush positioning. Lower elo players don't understand or have the opportunity to develop for value what those objectives are (because they can't jungle effectively without a max setup), so they simply just steer towards map control (the most center point).

At higher elo, the bushes next to the jungle spawns are usually camped. However because the jungle creeps in Twisted Treeline were never updated like they were in Summoner's Rift (they made them easier to kill, and gave large creeps sustain buffs when you killed them), jungling is significantly more difficult. Without a full set of runes, masteries, and a very specific character, jungling is impossible; and thus irrelevant.

Just my 2 cents; I've been +1700 both seasons in 3's; started last season 14-0 in ranked 3's, 12-0 this season.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-25-2012
2 of 11 Riot Posts

I know you guys are joking, but I'll tackle this one anyway. The issue with the single objective--whether it be the single brush or Grez, is the unilateral chain of events that results. With only one objective to fight over, there is no longer any strategic choice in whether the objective should be taken.

IAmTheSorrow

06-25-2012

add another bush, now we fight over BOTH bushes!

12345 ... 6