Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

06-26-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanog View Post
How to not get racially insulted:

1. Speak English on English servers.
How to run a welcoming community - do not tolerate people who hurl insults.

FistOfChuckNoris

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistOfChuckNoris View Post
Trolls are trolls. Im willing to bet a majority of racism you encountered was not actually racism as much as it was a troll trying to provoke a response from you. Especially the "Im American, I wont get banned, trolololololol" stuff. They are just trying to get a rise out of you, they might not even be American, they just know thats the easiest phrase to throw out and get a reaction.

I was in a game where a supposedly Canadian guy (said he was anyway) kept talking **** about all Americans, and how were all idiots and racist and such. Aside from pointing out the amusing irony of calling all people of a given nationality racist, I didnt even comment to him.

Just sit back and be entertained. Either the guy is a troll and you will only make him happy by getting emotional, or he really is stupid enough to believe the nonsense coming from his mouth. Either way you getting mad isnt going to help. Dont let it get to you, either hes trying to provoke you or hes a moron who wont be corrected. Most likely hes a 12 year old who is in love with himself and thinks hes the funniest thing ever.

TLDR- ignore the trolls and enjoy the game
I forgot to add, after enjoying the game, report him to the RIOT mods. He wont survive the tribunal

Mr Jester

06-26-2012

All in all, we are all humans. We are probably all competitive gamers. Respect lets you progress, insulting and just plain ignorance keeps you right where you are. The smart realize this, the trolls do not.

RapZero

06-26-2012

I love when people assume NA server = English server.

BelligerentGnu

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapZero View Post
I love when people assume NA server = English server.
Agreed.

Friendly Cadaver

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
Gringo isnt an offensive term lol its a name for americans and it came from the fact we used to have soldiers in mexico and they asked the "green" to "go" and it became gringo, its just a term
lol its the same ****. F*** literally means poke but its context in the English language is offensive. People don't use curse words or racial slurs as what they actually mean nor (necessarily) without harm. (sure people will curse themselves; harmless to others). So when a "******" mexican calls a white dude "gringo", are neither of those words racial slurs simply because of some background story of how those words came to be? I'm mexican and white and I don't really care what you call me (Beango perchance?) but many people do and you have to respect that despite what you think a word really means.

Friendly Cadaver

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by F¨ckThem NÝggers View Post
I'm sorry that you and your people are stupid. Don't blame us better Americans for calling you out on it.
Why is this guy not banned from life?

Dielyn

06-26-2012

It's sad what some people say in games to those speaking other languages, although, I suppose with the average age of a LoL player, it's to be a little expected. It is a little frustrating when 3 of the people on your team don't understand english, this is a team game and communication is almost 100% required, and this becomes quite difficult with a language barrier, but I understand there probably aren't enough of those people to give them their own server. Would be in game queue for 45 minutes, after a 45 minute queue to log in lol.

Dielyn

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanog View Post
How to not get racially insulted:

1. Speak English on English servers.
It's not an English server, it's the NORTH AMERICAN server. French is very popular in Canada, which is in North America. Here, I'll even give you a little map.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...,r:3,s:0,i:150

wow thats a big link lol.

Modgey

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dielyn View Post
It's not an English server, it's the NORTH AMERICAN server. French is very popular in Canada, which is in North America. Here, I'll even give you a little map.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...,r:3,s:0,i:150

wow thats a big link lol.
Brazil is not in North America. I have literally never met anyone from Mexico on this game either. Not that I care about the language, your post is just kind of pointless.