Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crisagrm

06-25-2012

Wow, this thread is one big string of hate on pretty much everyone..... sad.

Leslie

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle08 View Post
It's okay, I get bullied for being Canadian. Americans are ignorant ****s who don't know anything of the world outside Mcdonalds. Ignore them.
And this is great behavior to make Americans like you better. I have lots of Canadian friends, and you make them look bad.

Slick Wang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

When an entire country of players develops a reputation as a plague on the LoL community, it's a bit more important to pay attention as to why your country (Brazilians) are singled out over any other country. Alot of people can't speak English well, but the anti-Brazilian sentiment comes from the fact they not only speak English badly, but also troll (and have a reputation for trolling) to a frustrating degree in just about any and every multiplayer game on the market. Your people are propagating their own stereotype, and no it's not just a select few doing it. There's a reason why it's really only the anti-Brazilian sentiment that is so large in every game.

Maeyu

06-25-2012

Gringo is actually an offensive term if you think about it, but isn't "bad" for now.. it was military people and they wore green, Mexicans knew Green and "go" thus Gringo was born.

Not bad, but still a piece of history people should know since school fails.

Trotan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

I am going to be honest. I have nothing against people from other countries 99% of the time, but the only thing that bugs me is when they speak in a different language in a game like league of legends. The game is so built upon teamwork, and when a teammate is speaking in another language it is hard to work with them. It is also a little infuriating to see other languages, I want to work with them but cannot because they are speaking a different language. And before people say, learn the language, no. When 99% of the server speaks in one language, the others can attempt at learning the language, or at least enough to communicate in an online game. But communication is vital in a game like this, and if there is a teammate I cannot work with, there is a high chance of a loss. A foreign player can be as bad as trolls at times, simply because you cannot work as a unit without communication.

Knowknothing

06-25-2012

i dont get why people care about what others think -- yeesh its a game -- theres bound to always be trash talking/trolling/bad manners of every sort on every online game possible -- you dont like it then either dont play/ignore them or counter attack em back -- i mean sheesh -- words can only hurt you if you actually care or have issues with your own self :/

on another note: i never understood why everyone gets offended at this when 99% of the white population doesnt take offense to things like "cracker" or "honky" and whatnot either though

DrDinglesnorf

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermeiko View Post
Problem is the community is destroyed due to (sorry if anyone here who is decent and under 21) the amount of "under 21" on the servers. I'm sorry but your Justin Bieber/huehueheuhue/4channewfaggin-9gaggin generation is FULL of TROLLS--
I'm 16 and I honestly don't take offense to that. Living with people like that around me makes me wish I wasn't born to begin with or at least 10 years earlier. This generation is pathetic and I just wish it never came to be.

XPerFi

06-25-2012

Just ignore the racist remarks from other people, although I never came across someone who came off as racist.
Then once the game is over: report them.

Besides, that whole Portuguese thing, when ever I came across someone who does speak in Portuguese, I say: "English, por favour." Just trying to not be rude. I learned a couple Portuguese from the Incredible Hulk movie with Edward Norton.

csfritzy

06-25-2012

I hear your pain, but it's the internet, people are going to be racist and talk ****, just ignore and report. Don't let yourself get worked up over punks.

Leslie

06-25-2012

I get called the N* word because my name is Lekasha.

I took my name from Akasha Queen of the ****ed...

Ignorant people going to be ignorant.